Double strand pearl necklace

Izzyryoung

Hello,
I received these as a gift from a friend who couldn't tell me much about them.
It is double layered and I believe is full of baroque pearls. The pearls themselves are very gritty on my teeth and every pearl is very different to the next.
I am hoping for some advice on how to get them properly appraised for sale as I am experiencing financial hardship and every last penny helps right now unfortunately as they are gorgeous and I will hate to part with them.
I am located in Canberra Australia.
Thanks in advance
Izzy young IMG20171107112251.jpgIMG20171107112239.jpgIMG20171107112345.jpgIMG20171107112330.jpg

Hi Issryryoung,

Are the findings marked 925? They look like silver.

I believe your pearls are baroque cultured Chinese freshwater pearls of not-very-good quality. However, the findings are cute and as a casual piece of jewelry, someone may like to buy it. If it were mine, I would try consigning it at a local shop. Value under $75. Of which the shop would take about half.

Consider keeping them, since you love them. Just my opinion.

I agree with PD , It's probably not worth selling them. It's a nice fashion necklace and a lovely present but when it comes to resale I agree that they are not worth much. If you have a few things like this to sell..you could open a little ETSY store .. its free and easy..and list them for $60 as preowned items... worth a try. Just keep the sales within Australia as it's not worth the 22$ postage to send them overseas.
Or Gumtree is another good thing to try... again..it's free to list.

i'd go with PD, keep them. the joy it brings you is more valuable than its market value.

I'm sorry, I agree with everyone else. They are only worth a few dollars. I don't think they'll sell at a consignment shop because they'll just be jumbled in with all the costume jewelry.

Back