Data on Keshi pearls

Pri

Hi!

It's my first time here and I don't know if any of you has the knowledge to answer what I'm asking. :confused:

I'd love to know the percentage rate of Keshi pearls in the production of Cultured pearls.

I'd also appreciate if any of you could suggest me some dealers who could answer.

THANKS!

Pri

Hi first time here too. Keshi are awesome. Aren't fresh water pearls keshis ( no nucleous)? If that's the case, i am guessing that you are talking about south sea here, then the rate is highly dependent on the farmer?

Freshwater cultured pearls are cultured with a piece of mantle tissue only. They are called tissue nucleated pearls. Tissue nucleated mussels can also develop spontaneous keshi among the deliberately planted tissue implants. Some FW keshi is not spontaneous, but planned. As you can see, there is confusion about the terms, but technically the FW do not develop keshi, that term is reserved for akoya, but not observed in practice.

I am sure others can add more to what I said.

Hi!

It's my first time here and I don't know if any of you has the knowledge to answer what I'm asking. :confused:

I'd love to know the percentage rate of Keshi pearls in the production of Cultured pearls.

I'd also appreciate if any of you could suggest me some dealers who could answer.

THANKS!

Pri

Keshi is a byproduct during the culture pearl production. Keshis produce which is a mistake by the farmer or due to any circumstances Oyster do not accept the bead then the Keshi is produced. But now a days farmers are producing Keshi pearls deliberately as Keshi prices are more than cheap quality south sea pearls. In addition now a days people are cultivating box Keshi which means it looks like Keshi from outside but in inside there are cubic beads with proper X-ray you can separate from Box Keshi from normal Keshi. We are attaching radiograph of Box Keshi.

Attachments

• Box Keshi-1.jpg
    Box Keshi-1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 36
I saw some real box implanted pearls this weekend, but they looked like box implanted pearls. Great colors though!! Those in the radiograph look like the boxes disappear if enough nacre is allowed to form around them.

Back