connoisseurs delicate jewelry cleaner?

StevieBoy

Happy New year everyone!

Im not sure if this has been asked already, but I was wondering everyone's opinion of this product for pearl jewelry in gold settings? like rings/pendants/station necklaces?

Happy New Year, StevieBoy! I’ve used a product very similar to this that is supposed to be safe for pearls. I’ve used it for years, but the only pearl I’ve used it on is my Traveling Pearl which is a Tahitian. I throw the whole thing in the basket- gold chain and pendant, then I rinse it with distilled water. It has always come out looking great. Any wear to my pearl would be in all the abuse it takes from me wearing it, because I have worn it everywhere and in very sweaty humid weather.

Happy New Year, StevieBoy! I’ve used a product very similar to this that is supposed to be safe for pearls. I’ve used it for years, but the only pearl I’ve used it on is my Traveling Pearl which is a Tahitian. I throw the whole thing in the basket- gold chain and pendant, then I rinse it with distilled water. It has always come out looking great. Any wear to my pearl would be in all the abuse it takes from me wearing it, because I have worn it everywhere and in very sweaty humid weather.
this is good to know, thank you!

Over the holidays I saw my mom has a bunch of pther pearl jewelry that needed some cleaning! LOL

I gave her a tahitian pearl & diamond ring, which ive cleaned for her easily because it was a large solitaire setting?

But she has a bunch of really cool gold jewelry that has these tiny (i dont know if they are keishi akoya or freshwaters) that are set in the ring and pendant, but i had no idea how I should approach cleaning them.

She's had them at least 20-30 years, so that red jar dip seemed like a good bet! Ive used the gold and silver versions, but didnt know anything about the "delicate" version

I've used it a few times on Akoyas, and Tahitians then rinsed with distilled water with good results.

I've used their gold cleaner, and their silver cleaner, but I've never tried their pearl cleaner. I'll have to look for it, since I have some pearls that need a good cleaning and restringing.

Back