Best Markets in China

Pearls JR

I apologize if I do not have this in the right category, I am new to the site and an overall beginner in the pearl industry. I live and work in China and have been in the fashion jewelry business for about 7 years. I have produced goods with freshwater pearls often, but I am looking to start making more expensive goods in smaller quantities. I have decent sources for freshwater pearls, including the Zhuji market (I have an office in Yiwu, which is about 30 minutes away), but it has been a while since I have been there, and i didnt remember much else besides freshwater pearls. I have been to the guangzhou market (the one near the jade market), but was not all that impressed. What is the best markets to buy all kinds of cultured pearls from Akoya, Tahitian, South Sea, etc. I will be supplying high end boutiques and I need to develop these sources. I have offices in Guangdong and Zhejiang and am very mobile, I speak chinese and have a good understanding of the jewelry industry.
Also, where is the best market to buy gold and silver accessories, such as clasps, fish hooks, and other components. I have seen some in markets around China, but I am looking for very high end components. Is Qingdao, the best place to look, or should I be looking in Guangzhou. I know most of the sterling silver is done here in guangdong, but how about gold and white gold. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I am more than happy to assist people with their purchases in China in exchange for the information on how to proceed. I am very good at getting around China and I have staff in both locations that can help check quality, arrange orders, assist in travel, translate, etc. I look forward to your help.

Last edited:
My advice is to do lots of research before you commit to make a purchase. The pearl market in Zhuji is a great place for freshwater pearls but there're a lot of lower quality pearls. So if you're looking for fine quality pearls, make sure you take your time to inspect them. And stick to your criteria. The fine quality FW pearls are not cheap though especially if you don't buy in volume. Be careful of buying Tahitian and SS pearls in Zhuji as they may not be real. You can definitely get those in Hong Kong but you'll probably have to pay quite a lot there. There're a lot of lower quality black pearls on the market with pits, bumps and gaps. So it's not easy to find a good place to source fine quality ones. The best place to go, if you can, is Tahiti. But you'll still need to look a lot as not all the pearls there are good quality.

As for gold and silver findings, I would definitely stay away from most of the market sellers in China. Many would try to convince you the purity of their gold and silver, but the reality is often far from it. There isn't a regulated market for the standard of precious metals in China so be cautious. However, you can find good manufacturers in Guangdong province if you're only looking for suppliers in China. The best thing is to go and visit a few yourself. And make sure they know your requirement. :)

Little help please !!

Little help please !!

I apologize if I do not have this in the right category, I am new to the site and an overall beginner in the pearl industry. I live and work in China and have been in the fashion jewelry business for about 7 years. I have produced goods with freshwater pearls often, but I am looking to start making more expensive goods in smaller quantities. I have decent sources for freshwater pearls, including the Zhuji market (I have an office in Yiwu, which is about 30 minutes away), but it has been a while since I have been there, and i didnt remember much else besides freshwater pearls. I have been to the guangzhou market (the one near the jade market), but was not all that impressed. What is the best markets to buy all kinds of cultured pearls from Akoya, Tahitian, South Sea, etc. I will be supplying high end boutiques and I need to develop these sources. I have offices in Guangdong and Zhejiang and am very mobile, I speak chinese and have a good understanding of the jewelry industry.
Also, where is the best market to buy gold and silver accessories, such as clasps, fish hooks, and other components. I have seen some in markets around China, but I am looking for very high end components. Is Qingdao, the best place to look, or should I be looking in Guangzhou. I know most of the sterling silver is done here in guangdong, but how about gold and white gold. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I am more than happy to assist people with their purchases in China in exchange for the information on how to proceed. I am very good at getting around China and I have staff in both locations that can help check quality, arrange orders, assist in travel, translate, etc. I look forward to your help.

I have often been attending the Hong Kong Exhibitions since last 2 years. However, it does not meet my expectations. I am trying to get more information for genuine K Gold and S925 findings/parts manufacturing company for direct supplies just like yourself {No middleman}.
Heard about Guangzhou but have to visit many places with a guide and see for myself. I would really appreciate if you could share any information you may have, about K Gold and S925 factories, producing findings and parts for Pearl's.
my e-mail is saleoty@gmail.com
Thanking you in advance.

Back