Akoya Pearls With 14K Opal Clasp

goodluckkitty

Community member
Hi!

This will eventually go in the Lowly Beaders I suppose, but for today I wanted to brag about something I haven't shown you all before. I bought this 2 months ago on eBay. The BIN was very low ($120.) I love opals and they are my daughter's birthstone. (She turns 8 next weekend!) At first I thought about trading out the opal for a gem quality Lightening Ridge, but now I think with white akoyas this one is just fine. Each strand had 25 opals, with one missing from the broken strand. I am extremely petite- I wear a size 4.5 ring- so I think I will shorten it and add gemstone beads or smaller seed pearls near the clasp. You can see the pearl to be removed as it has a large gash from the gold setting. 2 spacer bars.

Happy hunting!

Kitty
image5 (1).JPGimage4 (1).JPGimage3 (2).JPGimage2 (3).JPGimage1 (4).JPG

What a lovely find! I think opals and pearls are always a great combo. That clasp is perfect on a bracelet, too pretty to hide on the back of the neck. Maybe this is a project that you and your daughter can work on together...maybe use the leftover pearls for a little necklace or bracelet for her to wear. Looking forward to reading future posts about this project!

Nice! Remaking it sounds like a good project. I really want to see the "wrist shot"!

That's very pretty. I love opals and pearls together, and that's a very pretty clasp.

Very pretty! I was eyeing that bracelet and then one day it sold! Congrats!

Back