Affiche pl?iade

Isabelle35

Hello Fellow PGers!
I have a few projects in mind. I'm planing to make shamballa style bracelets and necklaces with tahiti pearls and sterling silver beads using korean wax cord in one part, and kangaroo lace. My pearls are undrilled at the moment. I would like to know the size of the drill hole needed if I use 1.5mm or 2mm gauge cord/lace. Do you use specific tools to "thread" more easely through the pearl/bead hole? Thanks in advance for you precious help :D

Last edited:
I just trim the cord at an angle with leather to thread through the hole. Haven't worked with waxed cord. Usually one would need holes just slightly larger than the lace. But depends if you are knotting right next to the hole, in which case 1.5 cord works with 2.0 hole. If you want a fluid look with pearl fit tightly to the cord, that is trial and error! (Cord can vary slightly from mm size given.) Please report back what works for you and good luck with your pieces, oh, photos too, please!

thanks Pattye for the advice. Not to worry, pictures to come once the project is done!

Back