A small Gellner purchase!!

KatalinPG

I know a lot of you think - including me - that the items from Gellner are overpriced, but I always liked the style, and I always wanted to have something from Gellner. I have even made for myself an inspired rope.

Today I went to the jeweler and watchmaker, who I always go for changing the batteries in my watches, and as I waited for my watch to be ready I have found a nice pendant. The collection is called PearlStyle by Gellner. The pendant just immediately caught my eye. Here is a picture from their website:
IMG_5457.jpg

I have bought a pendant with a pink sapphire, and some kind of drop shaped small charm. The pearl is mounted on oxidized silver setting and hangs on a long chain. I'm sure, i could have made the whole thing for the fracture of the actual price of this item, but I just couldn't resist.

It is already too late to make good pictures, but tomorrow I'm going to post some.

P.S: I just can't not see, how this collection is similar to Jewelmer Petit Bonheur pendants, which I adore, but I'm afraid I won't have!!

I love a simple pendant. ..those are really pretty with the gemstones!

Those remind me of these little h rings, where Hisano adds a sapphire briolette to a simple pearl ring.

LIttlehrings.jpg

Oh, how did I never see those little H rings with sapphires??? Thanks, Red!!!

As I promised, a few pictures:
IMG_5459.jpg
IMG_5460.jpg

And a neck shot. The chain is long without a clasp, so I doubled it. I may ask the jeweler to put a clasp on it.
IMG_5461.jpg

I never saw those little h rings eihter, so sweet!! Very pretty necklace, katalin!

I think the extreme length is part of the look. Although, I agree that while it looks amazing in the photos, it is less practical to wear during a busy day.
Very pretty pearl necklace that will probably look great layered with your rope.

That is a very pretty pendant, Katalin. What size is the pearl?

Ericw - thank you! The briolette is a pinkish-purple sapphire!

Kay -the size is 11 mm. Usually I like bigger pendant's but the little charm and the briolette make up for the size difference.

I think the extreme length is part of the look. Although, I agree that while it looks amazing in the photos, it is less practical to wear during a busy day.
Very pretty pearl necklace that will probably look great layered with your rope.

I'm looking right now on Etsy for a clasp. Maybe I try to shorten it myself. It's definitely too long for my taste.

Katalin, maybe you can double the chain through the new clasp ... I have a chain made like that; 2 fine chains with the pendant hanging from both; it's a pretty look.

CathyKeshi - yes, I also considered this possibility, but I think I prefer a long necklace look, so I guess, I'm just going to shorten the chain, and put on the clasp. I hope, I manage to do a good job. I have already found oxidized clasps and jump rings.

Back