18 Kt Clasp Source?

C

cindyclark

Does anyone have a good wholesale source for 18 kt clasps. Several of my customers want me to upgrade the Tahitians I sold them. I used 18 Kt "s hook" style and now they want a bigger box clasp. I have checked Stuller, CGM and Kamal and nothing looks great, plus the 18 kt is sooo limited. Any ideas? Also, where can one get omega style backs for big pearl post earrings?

Thanks
Cindy Clark
www.passionpearlsjewelry.com

I think this really depends on the style of clasp you are looking for. The clasps with diamonds often are done in 18k. But the more basic clasps are almost all 14k. Most finding companies will do the clasps for you in 18k, but you have to order a lot.
Try Bellas Findings. They have a Website and a shop in the jewelry district of LA. They carry a lot of 18k with diamonds, and a few plain 18k and platinum clasps.

Thanks Jeremy. I checked out Bella, but what I need are big clasps. Some of my baroque pearls are above 12 mm and need a something that is not dwarfed by the pearls. Plus, my customer are looking for something a little special or unique.

KGH would be a good option for you out of Israel. Unfortunately the only way to really catch them Stateside is at one of the shows. You may be able to track them down and get an image CD. But it does not really do their product justice, unfortunately. We have used their clasps for very high-end pieces in the past. They have pave set balls as large as 20mm.

cindyclark said:
Thanks Jeremy. I checked out Bella, but what I need are big clasps. Some of my baroque pearls are above 12 mm and need a something that is not dwarfed by the pearls. Plus, my customer are looking for something a little special or unique.

Hello,
If I can be of any help : 18 carats for gold are commonly used in Europe. You can use big clasps in polished gold, frosted gold, hammered, melon carved one, or any specific pattern you wish. These gold clasps can be set with diamonds, or ruby and so as well and are then dedicated for high standard pearl, all available from 10 to 20 mm diameter in all specifications above, provided you are interested by the changeable clasp concept which is very popular in Switerland and Australia. It really highlights all pearl strands.

Thanks Jeremy, I will check KGH out. Perhaps I will have to wait to see them at the Vegas Show. I here the big show has tons of great gold vendors.

Thank Cliclasp. The clasps are gorgeous and chic. I love the way they are interchangable.

I really appreciate all of the help.

Cindy

Back