Pearl Paradise The Internet's Largest Collection of Fine Pearls - Shop Now! 80% Off Retail. Free Returns. Free Shipping. A+ Rating on BBB.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've had this pearl for a long time. Is it worth anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've had this pearl for a long time. Is it worth anything?

When I was little my granddad brought home this little box with a necklace and a mollusk in it. I opened the mollusk and found a tiny white pearl inside. I've had it ever since in the little locket necklace. I was wondering if it was worth anything. Click image for larger version

Name:	20150316_033532.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	408418Click image for larger version

Name:	20150316_033652.jpg
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	408419Click image for larger version

Name:	20150316_033658.jpg
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	408420Click image for larger version

Name:	20150316_033715.jpg
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	408421

Hi and welcome.
    As a present from a grandfather this is priceless, but in re-sale second hand monetary terms, as a single pearl, not much, even though it looks a good shape with clean surface and good lustre.
    What it sounds as if happened is that your grandfather came upon a 'wish pearl' set up at a tourist site, where shells are seeded with pearls and the customer picks the shell and opens it and there's the pearl. Great souvenir but only a few pence in re-sale value.
    You could get the pearl half drilled to make a more professional looking pendant, since this would free it from its cage.
    Author:Pearls A Practical Guide published by Crowood Jan 2021
    www.pearlsapractical.guide

Comment

Agreed, It has essentially no resale value.

Is there a young girl in your life who might treasure it?
      Or, you could half-drill it for a ring, just to wear it differently.

Comment

Working...
      X