work light recommendations plz

SunSeeker

After many years of good service, my magnifier desk lamp has failed. I loved it because the magnifying glass is large, about 5" and very bright. The downside was that is used a halogen bulb and would get very hot after a long work session. I could probably give the lamp to my son to repair, but I'm thinking of switching to an LED magnifying light instead, if one exist. What lighting do the other lowly beaders use? Does anyone have any recommendations? Thx!

I use one of those goofy magnifier headband things with an LED and different levels of magnification. It looks silly but I love it. Got it on Amazon for not too much.

Thanks ericw and battah. I agree, LED is the way to go. I forgot about those handband lights. I'll look into those.

I prefer to use a headband magnifier - mine has a single magnification but the also make them with changeable lenses so you can make it stronger. Then I use a Halogen light just because it hasn't died yet. When it does I'll get an led. But my 'goggles' don't have a light.

I prefer the headband as I can work anywhere in the house and I'm not stuck with a magnifying light in one spot. (I used to have one and when it died I didn't replace it) .

Back