New Shiny SSP From Pearlescence

LVLanghanke

Check out the luster on this beauty! It's pretty round and does have quite a bit of mottling, but it's silvery and has just a gorgeous mirror-like luster. I don't know what I want to do with it yet. I may end up just keeping it as a specimen pearl. The freshwater button along with it also came from Pearlescence and will eventually become a ring when I have the money and find a good jeweler.
from Pearlescencefrom Pearlescence.co.uk

Dang,I take crappy photos, and I don't know why that one posted twice. I will try to get a better photo of the SSP tomorrow with better lighting.

Wow! The lower one caught my eyes. Is that the copper pearl with green eye listed under "specimen pearl" section?

Wow! The lower one caught my eyes. Is that the copper pearl with green eye listed under "specimen pearl" section?

Yes it is that one! I couldn't let it go! Definitely going to have to think of a design to show it off :)

Lovely pearls. What will you do with the south sea one?)

I'm very tempted by one of the pearlescence specimen pearls. Let's see.. ;)

Last edited:
I'm not sure yet what I will do with the SSP. Maybe set it as a pendant or another ring some day. Or just keep it as is for looking :). I say go for it! In terms of individual pearls, Wendy has some of the best I've come across quality:value. I wanted to buy one of the super baroque blue SSP specimens, but the mirror luster of this one won out. I wish I had better photography skills.

LVLanghanke, oooooh I've been tempted by this pearl since I first saw it. It's just that it might be a great difficulty in finding matching stones for it, as sapphires will be too dark and aquamarines will be too light. But I have a plan)) and it takes to see the pearl in person anyway)

It's a bit weird, because my card was charged but I haven't received any order confirmation from pearlescence.. and the pearl is still listed on the website. I've never bought from pearlescence before, do they have some kind of manual order processing system or did I do something wrong when placing my order?)

Last edited:
LVLanghanke, oooooh I've been tempted by this pearl since I first saw it. It's just that my jeweller says we will have a great difficulty in finding matching stones for it, as sapphires will be too dark and aquamarines will be too light. But I have a plan)) and it takes to see the pearl in person anyway)

It's a bit weird, because my card was charged but I haven't received any order confirmation from pearlescence.. and the pearl is still listed on the website. I get a feeling my jeweller still might have a lucky escape :D I've never bought from pearlescence before, do they have some kind of manual order processing system or did I do something wrong when placing my order?)

I'm sure it will be fine. You absolutely don't have to worry about Wendy , if there's a problem she will sort it out for you 100%. Those are marvelled pearls !

Got a message today that my pearl has been shipped. Hurray! :D

Last edited:
Back