Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Waps.

Comment

• Today I altered some earrings. Some months ago I wanted to change the wire on my tahitian keshiearrings, they had goldwire and I didn't think that the goldwire looked good with the silvery pearls. So I rewired them with silver wire. However I did manager to break one of the neon apatites. Today I rewired the keshis with a pair of topaz studs with a loop under it. I didn't like the earrings the topaz belonged to so I cut them apart.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	_20190918_160633.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	389721
      This is what they looked like before.

Name:	_20190918_161003.jpg
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	389722
      Then I used the end of the earrings with amethysts and wirewrapped them to some silvery white freshwater keshis.

Name:	_20190918_160718.jpg
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	389723

Comment

• What fun! At least, I’m having fun with everybody else’s work! This is all wonderful stuff. You’re very creative.
        Last edited by lisa c; 09-18-2019, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• Thank you lisa c. Now I have 2 new earrings instead of 3 I didn't use.

Comment

• Charlotta, I recently made a pair of earring with blue topazes and silver-blue akoyas very similar to yours! The only difference is that I used earwires instead of studs!

Comment

• The silvery pearls goes very well with the topaz don't they. Do you have photos of then in your tread Alyend?

Comment

• Charlotta,
                I've just read your request, and fortunately I'm wearing them, so I've just made a photo. In a few minutes you'll find it in my tread "my collection".

Comment

• Alyend, I wil check them out.

Comment

• Well done repurposing those earrings !! And 3 pair instead of 2 .. bonus !!
                    https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
                    https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• Thank you Katbran.

Comment

• Today I'm wearing my copper green tahitian earrings from Cees and my frog pendant from Pearlsociety. I bought the copper green pearls from Cees loose and glued them myself, I altered them today. The finding part that hangs from the earlobe, the hook, was think and flimsy. It didn't feel secure. The glued cap part of it was ok. I cut of the hook and I now use them with these rings from agustus-collection that I had for years. I secure them with silikon stoppers. The hook ones were not thick enough for the stoppers. I accually have some other pearls with caps that I sometimes use with the rings.

Name:	_20190928_144950.jpg
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	390221

Name:	_20190928_144906.jpg
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	390222

Name:	_20190928_144825.jpg
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	390223
                        The south sea pearl on the frog is gorgeous. Would like a strand like that one day. It's a slightly cooler medium golden color, but it's not green. The copper green tahitians are to rare to find enough for a strand, Cees says.

Comment

• The other pearls I use with the rings and one pair of aquamarines. First 8mm circled tahitians from Pearl Paradise

Name:	_20190928_151036.jpg
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	390224
                          Then 7mm freshwaters from Pearllunar, lavender with some green I think.

Name:	_20190928_151108.jpg
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	390225
                          The aquamarines.

Name:	_20190928_151008.jpg
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	390226
                          Last edited by Charlotta; 09-28-2019, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• I never tire of your golden-copper-green Tahitian earrings. Great setting for them.

Comment

• Thank you Red, I'm more comfortable wearing them now. They woun't go anywhere without my noticing it, the rings are rather thick so they stay where they are.

Comment

• Love the variety you can wear with these rings/loops. The copper greens are so gorgeous!

Comment

Working...
                                X