What do you think about these?

Thanks for the encouragement Ashby

I would also like to see some photos of you in your pearled costumes! I bet they would be an incentive to others to take up reenacting!

I seem to be reaching a point of diminishing returns with these pictures, but here is one more

Attachments

• Mickey's pearls 017.jpg
    Mickey's pearls 017.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Zeide
That really is a lovely strand you pictured earlier in this thread. What is the story on it? It is very white. The photography is good, too.

I am posting a picture of my pillow pearls with some of the small hand cut coral beads. I love this necklace and wear it often. The pearls are a strand of CFWP from Pacific Pearl formerly in Mill Valley, now in Laytonville. They are so well matched in a pillow shape I haven't seen elsewhere. The coral beads as I mentioned above were hand cut by a Navajo craftsman in 1955. I picked out the necklace, but unfortunately never learned the craftman's name.

Attachments

• Mickey's pearls 001.jpg
    Mickey's pearls 001.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Hi Caitlyn,

I only have one beaded bag that has some Fresh water pearls on it. Gold tube beads and outlined in Fresh water pearls... as for the garb... I am remaking all my clothing and hope to be able to use real FWP in the new stuff I make I have only the Icky awlful plastic stuff adorned on my old garb.... I even tried to find some pictures of me bellydancing and you can not see the FWP belts I wore then... However I do not wish to insult any of teh professionals here with those kinds of pictures..

I have gained the happy honeymoon weight.. married 2 years +40lbs Ewe..... and still honeymooning!.. It does not help that My husband likes to bake cookies and pastries.. and I love rich foods....

Okay My Files are to big to upload....how do I change their Size??? I am really new at this I do know they are jpg.

I would love to be able to attend and event in an Elizabethan gown or Byzantine Court outfit, completely adorned with good pearls not the Icky bead quality FWP I can normally get for cheap to use...but someday.....

Cheers

You can reduce the size in a program on your computer. If you have Windows you can use the photo program that comes with it. Mine is called microsoft photo editor.

Up at the top left there is a place that says "image" Click on that and find 'resize'. resize the photo to 100kb or less and "save as" the picture under a new version of the name so you don't lose your original file.

Good Luck!

PS I happen to be one that loves those commercial grade CFWP and I bet they are wonderful on your dress and in your hair. It will only get better when you can upgrade!

Last edited:
Back