Thinking of buying these Mikimoto's...

nihsla

ZAzNLga.jpg
Hi everyone!
I'm a newbie.
How much do you think this is worth? Thinking of buying them but have no idea how much I should offer. Any help would be appreciated. Thx!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I can't help you with a price but it is an interesting design, my big concern would be the box. The box isn't an original Mikimoto box, although Saks does sell Mikimoto so it may never have come in a Mikimoto box. Are there any other documents or proof that this piece is in fact Mikimoto?

Nope. Just the box. I asked the seller to send some close-ups before I drive to his place.

so without any identifying marks to prove its a Mikimoto piece then I would suggest to only offer a price in line with the value of the item. You can't pay a premium for the Mikimoto name if it doesn't appear anywhere but the sellers advertisement.

Not to dissuade you, the piece is pretty but don't get caught up with the brand name Mikimoto and pay too much.

Stop! Never buy a 2nd hand claimed Mikimoto without some kind of proof.

At least look at the clasp look on the back for a seashell with an M in it. This is a fine piece, It is obvoiusly from some place like saks, but get some proof before you put out the money. If this piece has the right clasp, I would take the chance it isn't fake. Is that a bracelet? If not, look for that M stamped somewhere.

I don't not think you will find equivalents for pricing purposes, so don't get carried away. for the style and the gold, with no proof, not over $1,200 and that is high for going pearl bracelets with no proof except the Saks box. With proof, at least double that. If you love it, buy it, but do not think you will be able to sell it for much more than the numbers I gave here, probably less.

Back