My baroques Akoyas

I

imanit

Being a rather tall, big "girl", one row small silver Akoyas from PP would do nothing to "improve my beauty"....:).
I chose to buy lesser quality directly from Australia. For what I had in mind, I wanted color and shine, but I could do with "cheaper variety" of the pearls. I'm happy with the result. Bracelet is really a chain that is long enough to go 3x around my neck and I made two like this to wear them together when I want a necklace. When I wear the earrings - one chain on my wrist is enough....
To make all that I used 3 16" strings of akoyas...
PICT0001.JPG

PICT0002.JPG

PICT0005.JPG

PICT0006.JPG

How clever are you. I always love your designs.Thanks for the pics.

sure nice to see those natural colors - nice work.

Ivona, I love the color and your design is so wearable. They almost look like Sea of Cortez pearls. Congratulations on a fabulous set of jewelry! ;)

Stunning work. I love the look of natural Akoya pearls and you captured it so well in the "free flow" look of the jewelry. Now, if a guy could only get away with wearing that bracelet... :D
John

Ivona - I love it! I did something a little similar with mine: I cut apart one strand to mkae earrings and pendants, but I took the 7 largest pearls from that strand and suspended them at intervals from the front of a wide link sterling chain. It's a really neat look, but yours blows it out of the water in terms of lushness. I like the movement you must get from the suspended drops. Way cool! :p (but how do you ever manage to tear your eyes away from it as it dances on your wrist?)

And y'all know how I'm gonna feel about the earrings!

Back