Great book on Philippine Pearls

R

Richard W. Wise

Just arrived. Really a picture book. Tuason's photography is extraordinary, the book is beautifully designed and the layout is very well done. Think I paid $85.00. should be able to find it on Bookfinder.com. Just use the title, doubt if it is catalogued by author/photographer since it was produced by a pearl company. Jewelmer International deserves kudos for the quality of the book.

Honason, Alya and Tuason, Scott, photographer, The Ultimate Orient, Philippine South Sea Pearls. Jewelmer International Corporation, Makati City, Philippines. 2004. Folio. 2nd edition.

By the way, my Secrets Of The Gem Trade, The Connoisseurs Guide To Precious Gemstones is now available in paperback @ $39.95. www.secretsofthegemtrade.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Richard,

Thanks for the book review. I just purchased The Ultimate Orient, and it certainly does contain a large amount of excellent photography. I'd recommend this book to anyone who wants a good conversation piece for customers. It's not a book full of useful pearling information, but rather a conversation piece, and perhaps a good book to have in ones showroom.

Back