Jeg: Now that I have read up on Fiji pearls, I can fully appreciate how cool this necklace is. I also like the colorway, which creates a subdued elegance even layered with other necklaces.
Reading this post 10+ years late, but it is so great. I know nothing about Fiji pearls. It is kind of amazing that the technician’s technique has such an impact on the coloration of the resulting pearl.
Latest projects:
Baroque South sea white pearls wire-wrapped on Argentium silver. The pearls are 11-12 mm and of middling quality but I love how it turned out.
24 inch necklace of freshwater pearls, opal chips and herkimer quartz chips. Tiny pearls (only 5 mm for the potatoes and 4.5 for the...
Yesterday to the Farmers’ Market, nothing matches but it’s my favorite shirt and these pearls make me happy. Pastel freshwater potatoes with one delightful little misshapen pearl that looks to me like a leafy radish.From Sly Tug of Sunshine on the Insta.
The blue akoya necklace is wonderful. Masterful stringing work and remarkable luster. The dark blue, white and cream/tan in the pendant and earrings is a winning color combination! As for the white akoyas, well, you cannot go wrong with white akoyas - a love that lasts longer than most...
Hello, Beaders! Can anyone recommend a good video of instructions on knotting an endless necklace? I have been using a knotting method in which the thread is passed through each pearl twice. You string the pearls down to a thread-end secured with a paperclip (or something more secure!), push...
Akoyas today. Earrings and necklace mixed with 9.5-10 mm Akoyas, turquoise, quartz, labradorite and emerald heshi. I added my classic Akoya necklace from Pearl Seiwa in Tokyo.
Hi, beaders! Does anyone have suggestions for online sources for nice artisan clasps? I have found Claspgarten, SuzieQ studio and Sojourner but am looking for other suggestions for unusual and artful box clasps. Thanks, much!
An unseasonably warm and rainy September Sunday. An endless strand of white south sea keshi from Kojima and a necklace of Chinese baroque ripples (from Miaran pearls) knotted on gray thread with a decorative box clasp (from Sojourner). I'm wearing these with my big, white south sea dangles.
BWeaves: The color of your top goes perfectly with this awesome mix of pearls! You look great in pastels! What is that coloration called - spring? summer?
Jeg: I love the colors of that Kojima necklace. It is perfect with the dainty, wire-wrapped keshi! The freshwater and tourmaline dangle...