Recent content by KarinK

  1. KarinK

    The thrift gods smiled...

    The good thing about stringing is that you can't really break anything. You just start over if it wasn't good enough to wear :)
  2. KarinK

    Cultivated fresh water pearls pictures

    You can try to search for something like it on eBay and look at what sold and at what price. It doesn't look like very good quality and some of them don't look like pearls so maybe your best bet is to sell in bulk as 'arts and crafts' materials.
  3. KarinK

    Looking for pearl stores in Los Angeles

    Absolutely Pearl Paradise :-) https://www.pearlparadise.com - you have to set up an appointment, though.
  4. KarinK

    Ban Island and Kasumis

    As far as I know, only Sarah from Kojima sells authentic Kasumi pearls but I may be wrong.
  5. KarinK

    Real or Fake? What did I buy?

    You may want to learn to string yourself. There are guides and lots of advice here.
  6. KarinK

    Akoya pearls? or not?

    "The vendor has great feedback but..." Feedback can be bought these days.
  7. KarinK

    Are these Tahitians or FWP?

    They also seem to have very low luster, probably more like matte in real life, so they look like cheap pearls too s well as dyed FW.
  8. KarinK

    Advice on lengthening pearl necklace

    Cees can also ship from Europe which was a great to help to me in Denmark, not having to pay extra costs for goods entering the EU.
  9. KarinK

    Advice on lengthening pearl necklace

    There is also Cees (one person) whom many here has bought from, myself included. You can find him on Instagram.
  10. KarinK

    Tahitian or dyed freshwater?

    The flat sides is something I've never seen in Tahitians, only FW.
  11. KarinK

    Not sure how to feel about these.

    I had a strand of naturally golden Akoya pearls that I ended up finding a new home for because pale yellow is just not my color. It looked lovely, though.
  12. KarinK

    Pearls By The Bay in pics 2026

    I would have had my eyes constantly fixed on the pearls and not know the faces of anyone there :D What a picture treat!
  13. KarinK

    Pearls broke my pearl reamer - any suggestions?

    Thinner thread! Unless it is only one or two pearls where it's tight. You do not want to enlarge all the holes.
  14. KarinK

    Mike Brennan, Pearl.... Something or other

    "I can't help but wonder if he's privately laughing at what idiots we all are" - this, absolutely.
  15. KarinK

    Freshwater or saltwater pearls?

    Jeremy is the owner of Pearl Paradise and have decades of pearl experience. If he says something, he is sure :-)
Back
Top