Question for Jeremy: Is it possible...

ohsnapitssuz

Stumbled across a blog post from a company claiming to have cultivated Tahitians, South Sea and Akoya pearls from a farm right here in the USA. I have two questions. :)

1) Is this a remote possibility? Have you heard of such a farm? From previous posts of yours, I don't believe this is true at all!
2) If it is not a remote possibility, what can I do to do something about this?

The blog article: https://coastalclique.com/blog/why-coastal-clique-is-the-choice-for-you/

They are claiming to buy (from farmers overseas) pearls that can only come from those areas.
"Now, as you may know it is impossible to get all pearls made in America. Certain pearls can only be produced from certain regions of the world. Our farm, or pearl farmer, travels the world going to auctions and farms to inspect quality before purchasing. We do not short our customers!"

But they claim their oysters are farmed here:
"Our oysters are supplied by our exclusive farm not overseas but right here, yes, in AMERICA!!!!

They are claiming to buy (from farmers overseas) pearls that can only come from those areas.
"Now, as you may know it is impossible to get all pearls made in America. Certain pearls can only be produced from certain regions of the world. Our farm, or pearl farmer, travels the world going to auctions and farms to inspect quality before purchasing. We do not short our customers!"

But they claim their oysters are farmed here:
"Our oysters are supplied by our exclusive farm not overseas but right here, yes, in AMERICA!!!!

:eek: GOOD CATCH!!! Oh my word that is so misleading!!! Well, if you watch their shows (I have so many from this company popping up on my feed right now from friends sharing it its ridiculous) they are appraising them. If they are legit from those areas of the world and what they are advertised as, that makes sense. But I am still skeptical.. :( Really bothered by all of this.

Last edited:
I don't believe them for a minute, mind you. But they did not claim to farm SSP, Tahitians, Sea of Cortez pearls in the USA.

They are, however, claiming to be growing oysters here (presumably akoya oysters)-- and I've never heard of anyone raising akoyas in the USA for the purpose of inserting SSP, Tahitians etc. in them. The whole thing seems like nonsense. I can't see that it could possibly be cost-effective even if they built a factory, brought in spat, raised them to juvenile stage, inserted the SSP etc.

They are just another pearl party site and I see nothing on their site apart from Chinese freshwater pearls.

The fact that they wrote that entirely untruthful and terribly misleading blog post tell me they aren't honest. I see nothing by Chinese freshwater on their site.

Good to be very cautious, ohsnapitssuz ... this has all the trappings of a pearl opening party scam. They are implying and stating they have or soon will have Cortez pearls and conch pearls in their "mix" of mystery oysters ... that will NOT happen ... and there are a host of other mis-statements there. Beware, and good catch!

Douglas said they sold to them and their video says they sell the SofC pearls also. They will be sold as finished high end jewelry. This breaks my heart.

There are pearl parties in the UK that are attempting to validate themselves by selling Tahitian and carved Tahitians (brand name not said here) with blue simulated stone centers. Just because you put lipstick on a pig doesn't make it something other than a pig.

At the 23 minute mark.
https://www.facebook.com/CoastalCliqueLLCBrandonandMichelle/videos/279774539185353/

Last edited:
I have a question for Jeremy as well. I heard there is some claims that Viet Nam has some pearl farms. I think they do. But what type of pearl they have? Does Vietnamese operate for those farms? Does it has anything relate to Japanese Diamond Rule?
I'm so confused about this, because sometimes I heard they have Akoya and Tahitian pearl farms in Viet Nam.
Thank you Jeremy.

I'm very sorry to read about the SoC pearls. :(

Baby-Love, there are some beautiful akoyas from farms in Vietnam-- blue and yellow colors, and others. I did a search for "Vietnamese" in the title of threads and these came up:
[Edited to remove broken link-- see how to do the search in post #16 below.]

Last edited:
Yes, the akoya farms in Vietnam produce beautiful pearls.

I know someone, who I would rather not name, did farm Tahitian pearls there once upon a time. I don't think that farm is still in operation any longer.

I know who you're talking about and that farm is still in operation. I just wonder how can they still use the name Tahitian Pearl but farming in Vietnam.
Is there possible that Viet Nam has freshwater with large quality and SSP? They advertise that Vietnam has those farms but I don't trust them :D

Reading your responses makes me really nauseous. littlefuzzysocks, is Douglas going to continue selling to this company knowing whats being done with them?

I hate this. It infuriates me to no end. It makes me want to stand on the roof top and shout what a big scam it is. How dare they run such a slimy scheme. I suppose there is nothing that can be done.

*breathes*

@Pearl Dreams, that link you sent it doesn't work. Maybe I do some search here again :D. Thank you.

Ah, sorry-- it worked for me before.

OK, see the Search box in the upper right of this page? Click on the magnifying glass icon to do advanced search.
Then choose the left tab, "Search single content type."
Type "Vietnamese" into the Keyword field and use the drop-down menu to the right of that to "search titles only".
Then click the "Search Now" button.
This will produce a list of threads with the word "Vietnamese" in the title.

Also, the jewelry they have on their site that isn't pearl-related (http://coastalclique.jewelershowcase.com/browse/jewelry/necklaces-and-pendants/) is not their jewelry. This is some sort of resale site that a lot of jewelry websites use. It is just connected to Stuller's catalog. Stuller is the company behind the subdomain whenever you see jewelershowcase.com.

Oh that's interesting..now that I've gone to the site ( never heard of this place before now) the Jewellery link is like a little Stullers clone lol

I know who you're talking about and that farm is still in operation. I just wonder how can they still use the name Tahitian Pearl but farming in Vietnam.
Is there possible that Viet Nam has freshwater with large quality and SSP? They advertise that Vietnam has those farms but I don't trust them :D

Black pearls grown in Vietnam cannot legally be called Tahitian pearls. The same goes for Fiji and Cook Island pearls. It still happens though.

There are no freshwater farms in Vietnam. But Chinese freshwater are sold everywhere and they're typically described as saltwater pearls. Even a pearl store that sold nothing but pearls next to Ha Long Bay was filled with Chinese freshwaters described as Vietnamese akoya.

@Jeremy, I knew it. Thank you for your clarification. They say so many things that different with the info I observed in Pearl As One, that's why I have big doubt on them.

Back