Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

66% Kamoka chested today. Ocean's Cove Tahitian earrings. La Petite Perlagrina pendant from Kamoka. Small, but very colorful and very shiny. I can't shake the feeling the crab is tweaking my nipples.

IMG_2900.jpeg
IMG_2902.jpeg
IMG_2903.jpeg

66% Kamoka chested today. Ocean's Cove Tahitian earrings. La Petite Perlagrina pendant from Kamoka. Small, but very colorful and very shiny. I can't shake the feeling the crab is tweaking my nipples.

View attachment 469368View attachment 469367View attachment 469366
Beautiful. I can't believe there was ever a time I didn't care for Tahitians. I had never seen lustrous Tahitians with colorful tones, so I thought they were dark and boring. Forgive me! And those are mighty fresh crabs you've got there.

Pearlgirl12: I used to think I didn't like Tahitians, either, because all I ever saw were dark strands. Once I saw pastels, and circles, and really colorful and shiny ones, I was in love.
And it's suddenly dawning on me that my pearl initiation during a visit to the Cook Islands in 2006 coincided with a time that Cook Islands 'black pearls' were struggling to recover from cyclones and not at all predictable in terms of color. Lots of gray pearls. So you can imagine how the Poe Pipi caught our eyes.

I'm not sure if I'm the one who won Hisano's blue baroque akoya necklace or not. I saw that big blue akoya necklace on the Facebook page and I was smitten, so I got "mine" in way too early. I suspect it didn't count.

Then again, I already have these. And I haven't received the BBA pendant from Takahashi yet. Put me on Ban Island! I'm a sucker for intensely colored pearls.

Left to right. 36" rope of 6 mm BBA from Hisano. 20" strand of 9 mm BBA from Pearls of Joy. 17" strand of 9mm Vietnamese BBAs from PP. They are intensely blue. 17" strand of 10 mm soap bubble light blue baroque akoyas from PP. 18" strand of 5 mm pistachio baroque akoyas from PP. The only strand they had at Ruckus one year.

IMG_2914.jpeg
IMG_2916.jpeg
IMG_2915.jpeg

Natural white 8 mm Hanadamas on the left. Pinked 9 mm white baroque akoyas on the right. Very round for baroques. 9.5 mm Hanadama studs. All from PP. The baroques rival my Hanadamas in luster and shine, and they look round. They're actually a better match to my studs.

IMG_2919.jpeg

You can clearly see my hand holding my camera over the pearls in every single pearl.

IMG_2920.jpeg

Last edited:
Today, I am wearing a new pearl stuffed shell necklace suspended on a strand of blue sapphires made by Sarah from Kojima that I purchased this past weekend at the incredible Pearls by the Bay. The shell is stuffed with blue akoya keshi with unusual shapes.I'm wearing it with another necklace I have in my collection that has blue sapphires and white freshwater pearls. The earrings are Mikimoto, akoyas with sapphires and diamond accents, that I've had for many years.

Attachments

• 20240522_125943.jpg
    20240522_125943.jpg
    526.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 20240522_185203.jpg
    20240522_185203.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 74
  • 20240522_125957.jpg
    20240522_125957.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 20240522_185310.jpg
    20240522_185310.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 75
I'm not sure if I'm the one who won Hisano's blue baroque akoya necklace or not. I saw that big blue akoya necklace on the Facebook page and I was smitten, so I got "mine" in way too early. I suspect it didn't count.

Then again, I already have these. And I haven't received the BBA pendant from Takahashi yet. Put me on Ban Island! I'm a sucker for intensely colored pearls.

Left to right. 36" rope of 6 mm BBA from Hisano. 20" strand of 9 mm BBA from Pearls of Joy. 17" strand of 9mm Vietnamese BBAs from PP. They are intensely blue. 17" strand of 10 mm soap bubble light blue baroque akoyas from PP. 18" strand of 5 mm pistachio baroque akoyas from PP. The only strand they had at Ruckus one year.

View attachment 469398View attachment 469396View attachment 469397

Natural white 8 mm Hanadamas on the left. Pinked 9 mm white baroque akoyas on the right. Very round for baroques. 9.5 mm Hanadama studs. All from PP. The baroques rival my Hanadamas in luster and shine, and they look round. They're actually a better match to my studs.

View attachment 469395

You can clearly see my hand holding my camera over the pearls in every single pearl.

View attachment 469399
Beautiful blues, and the pistachio is amazing-- so saturated.

View attachment 469398View attachment 469396View attachment 469397

View attachment 469395

View attachment 469399
I tuned in because I love looking at pearls and it was tempting, but I haven't even seen my Japan live event purchases yet! I have packages coming today and Friday, and they include a BBA strand that I was wait-listed for. Any activity now would definitely send me to Ban Island! You really have some amazing blues. I didn't know that there was such a range. I have a BBA bracelet from PP a few years ago that I describe as ice blue, but I guess it's really metallic pale blue. I knew nothing about BBAs at the time, just saw them and had to have them.

Love the baroque whites! I'm a sucker for baroque and drop shapes. Oy, so much temptation. Methinks a trip to The Isle of Ban is inevitable.

Visiting Dad today. My sister flew in for her and Dad's joint birthdays. Layering on my blue and pistachio pearls to remind myself that I already have too much.

Everything from Kojima today. Everything Bagel rope. It's a continuous strand with smooth Kasumi pearls (the large pink and purple ones), Kamoka keshi (the nuggety looking ones), white and gold South Sea pearls, freshwater drops, and lots and lots of little blue and pistachio baroque akoyas. I actually snatched this off Sarah's neck at a Ruckus and said, "Mine!" White and gold South Sea, Tahitian, and blue baroque akoya keshi tin-cup (the long tin-cup). Pistachio Tahitian keshi, ombre' tin-cup with a super colorful drop pearl (the short tin-cup). Blue baroque earrings that I purchased recently. I love asymmetrical earrings.

IMG_2929.jpeg
IMG_2930.jpeg
IMG_2936.jpeg
IMG_2937.jpeg
IMG_2938.jpeg
IMG_2939.jpeg
IMG_2940.jpeg
IMG_2941.jpeg
IMG_2942.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2927.jpeg
    IMG_2927.jpeg
    985.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Oh no! We didn't think you were serious since it wasn't shown yet :( :( :( Someone texted "It's Mine" as soon as she began showing it. I found out who it was afterward and they did get several strands yesterday, so I'll have them check to make sure.

This was the strand Hisano was wearing -

Hisanos Blue Baroque Akoya Necklace Clasp.png

Hisanos Blue Baroque Akoya Necklace.png

I’m a little behind, but I love your circles, lary007! 2thdktr, all those sapphire and pearl pieces look so fantastic together! BWeaves, I love your new Kasumi pendant/earring. Your original one has always been one of my favorites. Now you have a pair!

Little h earrings, green ringed Tahitians from PP, and a Tahitian ring from Hong Kong.
IMG_2756.jpeg
IMG_7216.jpeg

Oh no! We didn't think you were serious since it wasn't shown yet :( :( :( Someone texted "It's Mine" as soon as she began showing it. I found out who it was afterward and they did get several strands yesterday, so I'll have them check to make sure.

View attachment 469518

View attachment 469517

Oh yes, Jeremy, I was serious when I said, "Mine" right at the beginning of the PP Live Event. But whoever bought it saved my wallet. Haha! Still, keep me on the waitlist, please. When I saw the strand on the Facebook photo, I was in love. I figured it had to be the strand Hisano was wearing. It takes me forever to make up my mind on the live events, so if you ever see my jump like that again, know that I'm serious.

JEG: Those Tahitians are delicious. Gorgeous shapes and colors.

Last edited:
White linen and Kojima pearls. Large feather pendant. Large feather earrings. Beachy tin-cup with emeralds and sapphire beads.

IMG_2944.jpeg
IMG_2945.jpeg

When my sister and I divided Mom's jewelry between us, we decided that if we weren't wearing things, we would do swapsies. I got these large mabe' earrings yesterday. They're quite lightweight, but I hate omega backs. They pinch my ears. And these are just too large for my ears. What do you think about turning one (or both) into rings? I don't like the setting, so that would change.

IMG_2946.jpeg
IMG_2949.jpeg

IMG_2947.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 469518

View attachment 469517
Wow. Reminds me soooo much of the lighter colored Cortez pearls we used to harvest before 2009. Amazing colors!

White linen and Kojima pearls. Large feather pendant. Large feather earrings. Beachy tin-cup with emeralds and sapphire beads.

View attachment 469537View attachment 469538

When my sister and I divided Mom's jewelry between us, we decided that if we weren't wearing things, we would do swapsies. I got these large mabe' earrings. They're quite lightweight, but I hate omega backs. They pinch my ears. And these are just too large for my ears. What do you think about turning one (or both) into rings? I don't like the setting, so that would change.

View attachment 469542View attachment 469539

View attachment 469541
I LOVE Mabe pearls. I believe I have one like the one in your ring in my personal collection.

Today, I am wearing a new pearl stuffed shell necklace suspended on a strand of blue sapphires made by Sarah from Kojima that I purchased this past weekend at the incredible Pearls by the Bay. The shell is stuffed with blue akoya keshi with unusual shapes.I'm wearing it with another necklace I have in my collection that has blue sapphires and white freshwater pearls. The earrings are Mikimoto, akoyas with sapphires and diamond accents, that I've had for many years.
That Stuffed Shell necklace is so beautiful 2thdktr; LOVE it with your sapphire companion pieces .... well done!!!

Back