Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BWeaves, nice combo and your swan really goes well with that jacket!

Cathy, , love your new Kamoka bracelet. It’s perfect!!!

Comment

• Aw, thank you Jeg. I was done when I saw the photo Celeste posted on FB, Instagram etc. of this bracelet resting on the cup of a yellow daffodil I'm so lucky!
      Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• BWeaves love your layering, they look like waterfall together.
        Cathy, congrats on your new bracelet, it's pretty.

Comment

• Cathy your new bracelet is stunning! I love how the pearls play with the figaro link on the piece. I bet it looks amazing with your golden rope!
          http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
          Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• Congratulations on the new bracelet, Cathy!

Comment

• Thanks everyone!!!

Cathy, your new bracelet is gorgeous.

Comment

• Cathy! What a lovely bracelet— enjoy your new treasure!!

BWeaves, I love your mix of ropes and swan with the casual wear. Where did you get the sparkly clasps? I think you said they were ordered from PP? Originally from Stuller (just guessing)?

Comment

• A couple days of pearls-

A long freshwater strand doubled-
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	D2789AA1-9291-4E96-A919-5F8B8267E88A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	381172

A pearl chain wrapped with vintage Biwa keshi, and an enhancer clip holding a Myanmar SS pendant-

Name:	BAC9CFFD-C20C-4773-92A5-8C38AB4BF1E7.jpg
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	381173

Name:	3DEF990A-DC3A-480A-B071-E78B4E59CD25.jpg
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	381174

Comment

• Two beautiful looks, jeg. (love the rain drop background in the last photo… Wonder what inspired that )

Comment

• JEG: I love both looks.

BN: The disco ball clasp on the Hanadamas was ordered special for me by PP. I asked for white gold with CZs instead of diamonds, and a screw clasp instead of a fishhook. I think PP was very hesitant about my request, but when the clasp came in, it looked amazing.

The clasp on my first akoyas is from Fire Mountain Gems. I don't know what the base metal is, but it's plated with gold and has crystals of some sort. It never tarnishes and the crystals are very sparkley. For a "faux" clasp, it's held up very well. I keep thinking of replacing it with a better quality clasp when it starts looking bad, but it looks great. It's also a screw clasp.

Both disco balls are incredibly sparkly in bright light.

For clasps I never intend to open I like the screw clasps because they just look like a bead. There's no claspy bit hanging out. For clasps I know I'll need to open and close a lot, I prefer the fishhook style or an orbit clasp.

Comment

• Thanks Cathy for posting! So glad the fit was on target.
                        Josh Humbert
                        Pearl farmer and Tahitian pearl farming consultant.
                        www.kamokapearls.com
                        FB: http://www.facebook.com/Kamokapearls
                        @KamokaJosh

Comment

• Thank you everyone; my photos do not begin to do justice to the translucent glow of these pearls! Josh, yes, the fit is perfection, with plenty of ease to fall down on my wrist, move around and yet stays "right side up" through a long day of shopping for hand dyed art yarns and dinner with family, and I LOVE it. I swear I can feel the tiny electric "life" tingles in those pearls. Walter says I have too much imagination ... he may be right

Jeg, those necklaces look wonderful; not surprising that keshi and Myanmar pendant one is my favorite.
                          Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• Cathy, so pleased the bracelet is perfect for you! I do love having pearls on my wrist where I can see them!

BWeaves & jeg, keep the creative looks coming!
                            Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

• Cathy I love that bracelet !! And those Keshi are beautiful ...I can see how you were smitten !! And I love the photo with the yarn and knitting! Did you buy a trunkful ?? lol

jeg - lovely necklaces ! I find with decent plate that clasps can hold up pretty well, the screw type wouldn't have the metal bits rubbing against each other . And set with stones it can keep the metal back a bit and less rubbing on it. I've tried them from time to time when I want to see how a particular shade of gold .. say Rose Gold... works with certain pearls. Who wants to spend hundreds on a clasp to find it's not right.
                              https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
                              https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• Thank you, Katbran. No, I didn't buy all the yarn today lol. That photo is the bracelet taken against a shawl I knit last year, with many colors, stripes and stitch patterns. There is however, a really SMALL bag with a couple of new skeins. And Walter got me a very nice little Anniversary present for next month ... somebody remind me to remind him to get the bag out and put a bow on it lol ...
                                Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

Working...
                                X