Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have a cute groundhog that visits our back yard yearly; it hasn't touched anything we planted, just eats the weeds at the very back of the yard where the growth is untended. (Beyond that is a small wooded area that doesn't belong to us.)
    I can see why people would be distressed by their plants being devoured, though.

Comment

• Thanks Cathy! I think I will wear them more this way. I am not fond of rodents of any sort because of their destructive tendencies on the house and yard. I’ve seen photos of Punxsutawney Phil’s teeth and they are nasty! However, PearlDreams, I might be willing to change my mind if there were such a thing as a weed eating species!

Comment

• Love the reworked strands! And I'm with you on the rodents...voles are my garden's nemesis
        http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
        Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• You're lucky to have a cute groundhog that doesn't eat your plants, Pearl Dreams! No such luck here in PA; they eat anything and fear little, and they're FAST. Or maybe we're just tired of that whole "Punx Phil" thing and view them with jaundiced eyes ...
          Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• I guess we are lucky at that!

Comment

• Love how the new ropes turned out, jeg!
              As far as rodents go… well, they can just go!!!

Comment

• jeg - really lovely pearls !! That is a beautiful Keshi style necklace , and those ropes you created are gorgeous !!!
                https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
                https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• Jeg, lustrous pearls lovely cute critters you have there.

Comment

• I love the reworked strand.

I love the stuffed critters.

Ride a cock-horse to Banbury Cross, (cock-horse = toy horse head on a broom handle)
                    To see a fine lady upon a white horse;
                    Rings on her fingers and bells on her toes, (Tails?)
                    And she shall have music wherever she goes.

As far as unwanted rodents are concerned, I think I've mentioned this before. Pee in their hole. Mark your territory. Just pee in a cup and pour the urine around and into their burrows. They won't like it and should go somewhere else within a week. Urine is free, natural, not poisonous, and the animals understand that it means you own that spot.
                    Last edited by BWeaves; 02-14-2018, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• jeg, love your reworked strand! That’s some seriously gorgeous luster.

BW I just adore your swan, it’s so lovely!

Today’s look - I removed a few pairs of GSSP from my harvest strand to get it to the right length, and turned them into earrings. They’re wrapped with a tiny loop at either end so I can wear them reversed like this, or flip one to make the pair symmetrical. The ear wires are all I had on hand when I made them but I’ll be swapping them out, I don’t love them this way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8A5B5492-1BD1-492E-82D8-1FD3D11713C0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	380546
                      Instagram: @LiliasTreasures

Comment

• jeg, love your reworked strand! Thatís some seriously gorgeous luster.

BW I just adore your swan, itís so lovely!

Todayís look - I removed a few pairs of GSSP from my harvest strand to get it to the right length, and turned them into earrings. Theyíre wrapped with a tiny loop at either end so I can wear them reversed like this, or flip one to make the pair symmetrical. The ear wires are all I had on hand when I made them but Iíll be swapping them out, I donít love them this way.

Name:	8A5B5492-1BD1-492E-82D8-1FD3D11713C0.jpg
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	380546

Comment

• Hmm is PG mixing things up? I just posted my earrings for today and it put them a page back, and the time stamps all seem off...

Comment

• Thank you, Jersey Pearl, Marianne, Katbran, Pareltje, and BWeaves!! Ok, I guess I am fortunate the only critters in my yard are squirrels burying things.

Comment

• Happy Valentine's Day, Pearl Lovers!!!

Ruby heart earrings with akoya drops.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_548.jpg
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	380519

My birthday choker (the small one) with my new baroque akoya necklace (the big one). And Mom's ruby swan. This is the first time I've worn a brooch on a T-shirt. I usually pin them to tweed jacket lapels. I love how the bird on the shirt is looking at the brooch.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_547.jpg
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	380520

I think my camera in my phone is going bad. My selfies seem to be very pixelated any more.

P.S. If you look really close in the left side of the last photo, there's a watercolor of several swans.

Comment

• Look at all the beautiful pearls!!!
                                Check out my jewelry here

Comment

Working...
                                X