Clear All

• Hi Ash. I always think of you when I see a monarch butterfly

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20160828-0005.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	368562

Can anyone tell me if this can be considered as a type of pearl. These were found inside of a giant clam. My friend currently have 2 of these. one 32 KGS and the other one 29 KGS. If these are true pearls, how much do you think will be the value of these?

Thanks!

Comment

• Aww, Ash these are adorable!

Comment

• What a cute set with the turqs and little pearls.

And hanadama, you did an excellent job with your wire wraps! Can't wait to see what else you will make.
          http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
          Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• Awe Thank you Everyone. I know I have not been around, I am still doing pearl stuff. Health had to take precedence. Will make better effort to pop by from time to time.

Cheers
            Cheers,
            Ash

Comment

• Originally posted by Wex View Post
              [ATTACH]44428[/ATTACH]

Can anyone tell me if this can be considered as a type of pearl. These were found inside of a giant clam. My friend currently have 2 of these. one 32 KGS and the other one 29 KGS. If these are true pearls, how much do you think will be the value of these?

Thanks!
              It looks like another clam, to me.

Comment

• Yes, Wex, this is a shell. NOT a pearl.

Comment

• I'm trying to mix up my pearl combinations. Today I tried something I haven't tried together before.

My diamond huggies with my baroque blue drops from Kojima.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1563.jpg
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	368593

With my druzy pendant with the button pearl on 2 cables. The black and white druzy just sparkles like crazy, but looks dead in still photos.

Name:	IMG_1562.jpg
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	368594

With Gustav Klimt.

Name:	IMG_1560.jpg
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	368595

I didn't think the blue pearls went with the necklace which has a white pearl, but the blues matched the bottom of my shirt, and the necklace matched the painted lady's clothing.

Comment

• Your style is too cool, bweaves!

Comment

• There are too many colors in nature to always be matchy-matchy. I think your look works really well.
                      I really like when ladies add versatility to the hoops they own, pearls and gem drops are always appreciated lol!

Originally posted by BWeaves View Post
                      I'm trying to mix up my pearl combinations. Today I tried something I haven't tried together before.

My diamond huggies with my baroque blue drops from Kojima.

[ATTACH]44473[/ATTACH]

With my druzy pendant with the button pearl on 2 cables. The black and white druzy just sparkles like crazy, but looks dead in still photos.

[ATTACH]44474[/ATTACH]

With Gustav Klimt.

[ATTACH]44475[/ATTACH]

I didn't think the blue pearls went with the necklace which has a white pearl, but the blues matched the bottom of my shirt, and the necklace matched the painted lady's clothing.
                      No, Midge said, I take it back. I wouldnt get a mink coat the first thing. Know what Id do? Id get a string of pearls. Real pearls. Yes, Annabel said, slowly. I think thats a kind of a good idea. And it would make sense, too. Because you can wear pearls with anything.

Comment

• I am so far behind on this thread. SO many great looks, and that baby chick is just too cute!

Today's pearls include a 23" strand of 10-13mm FW drop pearls in shades that range from deep purple to petal pink, purchased from Sarah of Kojima at the 2016 Ruckus, 10-11 mm smooth drop lavender FW pearls on WG pave hoop settings from Pearl Paradise (purchased 2 years -- I got lucky that the earring pearl color is in the strand), and a SOC pave ring from Sarah at the 2016 Ruckus.

Name:	IMG_20160824_220344.jpg
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	368600Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160824_193827055.jpg
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	368601Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160824_194438517.jpg
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	368602

"Tundra" nail polish by CND Vinylux is a pinkish lavender color that goes great with purple & pink shades of FW pearls, as well as SOC pearls.

Name:	IMG_20160824_221002.jpg
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	368603

Yesterday, I decided to try a new look with my "Loot 2" multi-color Tahitian strands from Pearl Paradise at the 2014 Ruckus. I linked the 2 strands together with the Orbit clasps, then used the other clasp end to create a Y lariat (inspired by the Gellner Mermaid necklace).

Name:	IMG_20160828_151130030.jpg
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	368604

Comment

• Wow Kay ! That's a feast for the eyes ! Those Freshwaters a lovely colours ! I do love the purple and pink pearls and the nice thing about. Multi colours is that it's so much easier to match up some earrings ! How lucky you had a great pair ready to go !

And matching nail polish ! Well done ..sets off that gorgeous ring beautifully !!

And the styling of the Tahitians ..very cool !

BWeaves- those earring as stunning ! And please remind me - your pendant - you had that made for you ?
                          https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
                          https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• WOW Kay!!! I love your pink drop necklace AND those earrings are TDF!!! The polish, SoC ring and Tahitian lariat are equally exquisite!!! Love it all!

Comment

• Love the pearls Kay! You really did score nicely.
                              http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                              Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• The two strand Tahitian lariat is genius KaySD, so simple yet so effective. I so love a lariat. (We need a heart eyes emoji!)Thanks for mentioning which nail polish this is, I was definitely going to ask! It looks incredible with your fw strand, which are such a great size/length combo.

Name:	2.JPG
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	368605
                                Last edited by theseventhsphinx; 08-30-2016, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X