Transluscent Pearls😍

Diamondsareforever

These take my breath away……
Anyone have information on this pearl type?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 126
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 133
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_9138.jpeg
    IMG_9138.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 134
  • IMG_9137.jpeg
    IMG_9137.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 130
They are like invisible its unusual, i cant explain it… but its like i can see through into the pearl
Some pearls are like that. The ones with a very transluscent quality are natural pearls from the pen shell (Pinna rugosa).
But I agree with @Pearl Dreams those are freshwater pearls from a couple decades ago.

I remember reading about some natural pearls from a couple of centuries ago being translucent. I would think that some cultured pearls without a nucleus have the possibility to be translucent. Very cool effect.

Some years ago I shared a photo of a natural Atrina texta pearl from the Gulf of California...it was about 8 mm in diameter, quite round, and with an green-translucent color. Instead of looking for that photo (I think I took it some 15 years ago over at Wes & Tish Rankin's boot at the GJX Gem show). I should have taken a photo of this pearl sitting on top of my phone's LED light/torch, but then I would have been unable to take the photo o_O
So, sad to say I can't really show its translucency...but I can at least show the pearl from this rare Pen shell species.
Atrina texta (1).JPG

Back