Exciting looking box of old pearls...

Amazing what a good clean up can do. I think all the ones you put up are natural. You have more than you need for a bracelet?

Cue to throw up similar photos.
2 pearl shotMickey's pearls first line croppedmore 008.jpga worn place onMickey's pearls 01.jpg
Mickey's pearls  avatar.jpgcropped dirty pearls.jpg
Mickey's pearls 6.jpg

They do look really similar...and yours are Bahrain, Caitlin? Thanks for showing them :)

I'm going to candle them...need to investigate improving the set-up. Having the opportunity to look these pearls has been an educational delight...I really feel that I'm getting to grips with what to look for in naturals now. Until now I've not had the oppurtunity to knowingly initimately examine natural pearls. I'm pretty sure now that almost everything in that box is either natural or faux (there are just about ten pearls that need further looking at). There are a few different 'varieties' of seed pearls, both on MOP backing and loose; some other rounder and more bluish small ones, and then, the 'rogues', the two types that need further examination - two round disc shaped pearls and eight yellowygold very round pearls.

I'll put some pics up in that order...
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgOn-line shopping at Tusconimage.jpg

Your seed pearls also appear to be the real thing, nothing else they could be. And those beautiful golden pearls, I do hope they turn out to be naturals for you. Now what did you say your address was :roll eyes:

I like that pearl with the nipple too. More photos of that one please and its friend.

You take great photos too. Love all that I have seen. If you candle them do let us see. As if I have to ask!!

Dawn - Bodecia
http://www.ebay.com/sch/dawncee333/m.html
eBay Seller ID dawncee333 Natural pearl collector & seller. And all round pearl lover.

Such awesome pearls ! Natural or faux make sense ... The wood box in particular look BC (Before Cultured ;-)
The little golden ones look like pipi poe from lolopearl thread....
Beautiful images before going to sleep... Now i know what I'm going to count : one pearl, two pearls....

Ooh! I've been off the computer, missed all these great photos! Really nice Helen, thanks so much for sharing them!

Jodie

Back