Australian pearls in Vogue

here is the inspiration I think

Attachments

• MoS.jpg
    MoS.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 41
I find them somewhat fussy ... I think the article may be aimed at the deep-pocketed Russian Oligarch market! : )

http://www.vogue.it/en/vogue-gioiello/inspired-by/2012/06/australian-pearls#

Strange little item in the comments section below. If true, it looks to be the final undoing of the POA and its ridiculous story about falling off a boat complete with its foster mother Gigas shell, into the sea around Palawan when it was being transported away from China to protect it from warring factions.
Maria
9 days ago

I have a pearl that a friend fisherman wanted to sell or auction. It was found in Palawan Philippines on a very old giant clam and it is a hundred kilos that it took 4 people to take out from the place it was found. To test its authenticity I tried to scratch on a mirror, the mirror did not get damage the same as the pearl...a small portion was placed in a vinegar and it melted. The ray of my flashlight is through and through the object pearl.

Wow Alex,
The dear girl in your photo must have had a very sore neck! I will no longer feel "over the top" wearing a triple strand :)

Wow Alex,
The dear girl in your photo must have had a very sore neck! I will no longer feel "over the top" wearing a triple strand :)

hi Marianne

it's a picture of Margherita of Savoy (who was errr, a bit of a pearl nut!!)

the Australian Vogue collection (the picture of the woman with all the pearl 'eyes' on her back was meant to be inspired by her)

funnily enough, her name in Italian means 'daisy'

Daisy pearls then.....

Maybe 4 strands would be Ok ?

;)

Back