Golden strands

Cees

Deep golden South Sea pearls always had a enormous attraction to me, even the fact that in Europe they are still quite unkown.
Made 2 strands, one 10-12.5 mm and one 12-14.50 mm of pearls from Jewelmer. Not round, because then these would become unaffordable for many.

They are fiited with a flexible Japanese stainless steel cord, each pearl rests on a silicon cushion and a harpoon system to make them look endless, both are 18 inch long.

Cees

www.amsterdampearls.com

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 47
posted the smaller strand twice, this is the bigger dark golden strand

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 51
Cees, those are just stunning! I favor the size of the smaller one, but the shapes of the larger one ... but both are luscious!

Cees, I have seen the spacers in gold; using a coordinating color would make the pearls even more lovely in my opinion. (Wish I could remember where.) I do do prefer this shape over rounds and the shade is rich! How easy is it to lengthen this style of stringing with this closure, as many women like a slightly longer necklace? With these larger size pearls, an 18 inch necklace will seem like it is about an inch shorter.

What size hole is drilled in these to accept the wire?

Last edited:
just gorgeous. a beautifully deep (and definitely NOT round) golden SSP necklace is on my bucket list. both of those are lovely examples. i am intrigued by the cable/spacer method of stringing. Such delectable pearls!!

thank you for all your compliments.

Pattye, yes it is a good idea to use golden color spacers between the pearls, but the minimum order is 100.000 pieces.

The pearls are drilled with a 0.8 mm drill and where the man and woman pearls for the harpoon joint are drilled the drills are 3.0 and 2.4 mm. The length can given in advance.

Cees

Would it be more cost effective to buy a smaller order of the bumpers at retail? On Beadalon's retail page the minimum order is just $15:

http://www.beadalon.com/findings/bead_bumpers.asp

The golden color would provide a slightly more continuous look, but I have to say, they are very small (I think 2mm) and as worn and viewed from a social distance, one tends to notice the pearls themselves more than the bumpers in between.

If I ever need to restring these I would go for the golden color bumpers but the white bumpers don't bother me.

Last edited:
I've used the black ones with Tahitians on wire when I wanted a "finished look" before knotting ..they looked just like knots ..they were extremely tiny . I don't have any experience with these clasps but have been told that wire is best as the twisting motion can cause the thread to cut through and they are tricky to restring. Again ..this was hearsay.
I think a few packs of the gold ones would be worth a try.
Really lovely pearls Cees

Back