Two earring styles in one

Rebecka

I've never seen anything quite like this before, have you? I find it really clever, and very beautiful.
south_sea_gold_pearl_earrings_with_diamond_earring_jackets_gewj.jpg
I took the image from tahitianpearls.biz (http://www.tahitianpearls.biz/golden-south-sea-pearl-earrings/diamond_earring_jackets_and_golden_south_sea_pearl_earrings_gewj.htm)

The second piece is called an earring jacket. Ross-Simons has several pairs on sale. Just make sure you're buying a jacket for a pearl earring, and not diamond studs.

If you can find small vintage hoop earrings, you can make your own, like so:

shopping1IMG_0069.jpgIMG_0068.jpgIMG_0067.jpg

Last edited:
The last photo is a very clever application for this kind of earrings, started by Etruscan I think

Cyndayco, that's so clever. Thanks for sharing photos!
See, I never knew jacket earrings existed. I have never seen it over here.

I have a custom made diamond earring jackets for 8mm pearls, very versatile indeed.

Shown with my 8mm white Freshadamas in place:

attachment.php

I aim to get a pair of small 8mm Tahitians, a pair of 8mm plain WG balls, and may be some suitable coloured gemstones to go with them.

DK :)

DK, those are to die for! Did you have them made in the UK? Do you have a photo of you wearing them? :)

DK, those are to die for! Did you have them made in the UK? Do you have a photo of you wearing them? :)

Thank you for the kind words.

They were made by KGH Jewellery based in Israel. I believe they supply clasps to PP, and Jeremy put me in touch with them when I asked him if he knew anyone who would be able to make me a pair of diamond earring jacket as a rushed job.

The earring jackets are based on their 2-strand clasp, and I have one of them myself, still has not been made into a necklace after all these years (I had them since 2008). One day, I hope to have it made into a double strand necklace with 7-8mm metallic Freshadamas.

The clasp can be seen in this pic nested in the middle of my double Freshedamas (now sold, to another PGer).
attachment.php

Here is a pic of my earring jacket on my earlobe (not sure if the stud was the correct one as it sits too high in the pic). It is nearly 20mm in diameter and just about covered my earlobe!
attachment.php

Here is my other set of earring jackets, only 12mm in diameter, and I can wear them with 4 different pairs of studs, 6mm pearls in black and white, 6mm plain ball and my near 1tctw diamond studs. I tend to wear these a lot more often than the other pair.

attachment.php

DK, do KGH Jewellery usually sell to private customers or only businesses?

The earring sits beautifully on your earlobe (very jealous over here ;) )

The two strand clasp is also beautiful, and would look gorgeous on a double metallic freshadama strand. I hope that you get your metallic freshadamas soon (you've waited too long already!).

Your other set of earring jackets are lovely as well. I especially like it with the black and white pearls. Thanks for sharing the photos :)

Earring jackets are brilliant, I can't get over the fact that I didn't know they existed until just a few days ago.

Cyndayco, they are both pretty and playful!

Pattye, I am not quite sure. I think I'd like to start with some type of flower jackets. But with that said, I first have to get my ears pierced *cough* I actually own several pairs of earrings (no pearls though), I kept receiving earrings as gifts from relatives and family friends ;)

Back