100 yr pearls

LucL

Here’s the best pictures I could get. I didn’t have a ruler so I couldn’t measure unfortunately. The pearls feel a bit heavy. Any hints of what these could be that will be swell

Attachments

• photo72837.jpg
    photo72837.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
  • photo72838.jpg
    photo72838.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 50
  • photo72839.jpg
    photo72839.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 48
Hello LucL
Did you try some of the suggestions on this thread: Please Read This First -- If you don't know what kind of pearls you have - Pearl-Guide.com
These look like Akoya pearls to me...there is simply no way to gauge more from the photos, but they could just as well be imitation pearls. That is why that article is so good: offers additional insight!

Do you have a UV lamp? If so, that is a quick and easy test for pearls. Real akoya/freshwater/white South Seas and other "white pearls" will "glow" (fluoresce) with a blue-green color, whereas imitations will not.
Use this video to check the effect:

I need more info to offer help.

Any markings on the clasp to indicate if it's 14K and 18K gold? It's a lovely clasp and necklace.

I agree with TriciaS it's a very nice necklace. And being 100 years old is definitively something special. The 1920's, cultured (and faux ones too!) pearls were showing up, the Flappers were all over the place with long ropes!
Fabulous+Photos+of+Famous+Flappers+(13).jpg

Back