Need Help for Information

H

Herman

Hello!

I would like to ask if you have any idea about market price for each gram of these following Indonesian Pearl in Hong Kong, Japan and USA wholesale market:

1. The pearl came in lots. Various size around 7mm - 10mm and various color (golden, yellow, white, etc.)

2. Golden color pearl size around 11mm - 13mm.

3. Pink (drop) pearl size around 7mm - 8mm.

4. Pink (ring) strand around 7mm - 8mm. Strand lenght is 40 cm

I have the pictures and would like to send it to you if you like.

Many thanks,

Herman
(dutanusa@cbn.net.id)

Attachments

• Lots.jpg
    Lots.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Golden.jpg
    Golden.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Drop.jpg
    Drop.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Pink.jpg
    Pink.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Pink_Zoom.jpg
    Pink_Zoom.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 41
Just a little more information please.

How is the quality of the first lot, and is the picture the entire lot? The price would depend heavily on the size and quality of the lot as a whole. Is it graded A, B, C, or D? Is it a mixed quality lot? It appears to be a mixed color lot...
The second picture with the single pearl looks the best of the lot. It seems to be dark and clean. But there is a wide difference in price from 11mm to 13mm. A dark 12-13mm, round, clean Golden would wholesale for about $600.

On the last two pictures, are these freshwater pearls? They appear to be freshwater pearls, not South Sea pearls. This would, of course, be a large valuation factor.

Further Information

Further Information

Mr. Shepherd,

I really appreciate your reply.

The first lot (Lots.jpg) has a defect like a dots, around 2 - 10 dots in each pearls. Some of the dots scattered in small / slightly larger area (not scattered in all surface).

At this moment, the whole lots is only 6 pearls (Lots.jpg).

Herewith I attached the zoom pictures (Lots_Zoom.jpg) for your further examination.

But I can find more pearls with almost the same quality / defect with those 6 pearls on the photo (Lots.jpg). We can make a grouping for each color (yellow, golden, white color, etc), size (7mm-8mm, 8mm-9mm, 9mm-10mm, etc.) and shape (round, drop, button, etc.)

Regarding the grade, we used to call it grade B/C. But I'm not sure that your standard grade is the same standard with ours.

The second picture (Golden.jpg) is only 1 pearl (not in lot). It has defects in 1 area. I attached also the defect picture (Golden_Zoom.jpg).

We also can get same quality / better quality in lots for those golden pearls.

Regarding the last 3 pictures (Drop.jpg, Pink.jpg and Pink_Zoom.jpg). Honestly I'm not sure is that saltwater pearl or freshwater pearl. But when I bought it, the seller inform that those are saltwater pearl without coloring.

Thank you.

Herman

Attachments

• Lots_Zoom.jpg
    Lots_Zoom.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Golden_Zoom.jpg
    Golden_Zoom.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 51
Yes, the pearls appear to be B/C, but after looking at the darker golden pearl as well it appears to be near the same surface grade as I see rings (but it could just be the picture).
In that grade if the lot were mixed it would be very difficult to price. Some are darker and more valuable, and it seems as though the lot is quality-mixed as well. I would presume it may sell wholesale for about $50 per pearl. The golden pearl would probably go as high as $300, or even higher if the surface is a little cleaner that it looks in the picture.

As for the last strand, this looks like it is certainly a freshwater necklace. It looks absolutely nothing like an Akoya strand. With the circles the strand would probably wholesale for about $10 per strand in China.

I hope I have been of help. Feel free to send me a private message as well with more information.

Thank You!

Thank You!

Mr. Shepherd,

Thank you for your information.

I will send you private message with more information within 1 or 2 days.

Herman

Back