South Sea pearls - grading and certificate ..

Hello All - Thanks for the replies and compliments :)

GemGeek - They are permanent strand but came unknotted. I have been trying to learn how to re-strand (first attempt failed miserably :( until I am really able to string, I would not dare to work on these and ruin them.

Thank you, Hanadama! (love your log-in name, totally appropriate in here :D

As little spare time as I have, I love hanging out here with friends who appreciate the same thing.

The family picture is wonderful and they look like they play together well. Such a beautiful family, too.

amti -- thank you and love how you call it "family picture" :)

Katbran -- I actually reached out to a friend who mentioned to me about the certification of south sea pearls and asked the very same question I started this thread and was refered to this vendoe who sells jewelry and pearls wholesale in Korea so I reached out to the vendor, did not plan to buy anything but of course I ended up with a strand of WSS!

I agree with Katbran-- you can't ruin them by stringing. If you don't like the results the first time, consider it practice and just redo it.

Yep...and once you start, you will want to restring everything! If I can string pearls, believe me anyone can!!! I highly recommend Pattye's Beader's Secret and her needles and gimp. Check out the Lowly Beaders thread for a tutorial. And if you are afraid to begin on your beautiful pearls, then buy some cheap beads and practice. You can do it!

All three strands are absolutely stunning. Your White SSP is gorgeous and I love how you can wear it with denim and they don't look out of place. Where did you end up getting them?

Back