New and less new pearls

Fabulous collection! What light box are you using to shoot the pictures? The pearls are stunning and my favorite is the round Tahitian strand with Sarah's akoya keshi mix that is a twin with Jeg's strand.

Thank you for your kind comments everyone. I'm on a real bender at the moment, it's a worry. Poor Sarah from Kojima has been fielding a million emails from me as well. I'll have more to show in a couple of weeks. The oceanic style necklace from Kojima (the twin of jeg's strand) has the most lustrous pearls and now I'm eyeing off everything! I've bought more and am feeling extremely guilty but THEY ARE ALL SO BEAUTIFUL. I've had some success with getting reviews for a book I wrote so I'm thinking of each piece as a reward per review. It's all a bit forced but I'll take the excuse.

Amti, my lightbox is just a box that my husband's stupidly big watch box came in. One side folds down, and the interior has a kind of light foam covering. I was thrilled to repurpose it because it's much better than any of the surfaces in our house for pearl photographing. Well, actually there's this great spot on top of the microwave oven but that doesn't make for nice photos in general!

Hi Fiona!

Thank you for posting the Fireball pendants! I really like the 'golden' one on you! I appreciate you posting and the luster / color are unique on each one. I thought about purchasing on PP, but since I am such a petite person, I was worried about the size and how they would look on me. So posting really helps.

-8mm

Hi 8mm. I'm short (5 ft 2 inch) but not petite per se, at least not these days. I love big pearls, and I'm only really moving to smaller pearls now. I go for the whole statement necklace thing at work - I found that not only do I love the pearls but the effect downplays my bust. The nature of my work means that's a good idea to be a bit dressed up as well.

My view on clothes and jewellery also fundamentally changed after I turned 40. So maybe it depends on your age to some degree. When I was younger (and smaller) I only wore dark and plain colours, and my jewellery was low key at best. I discovered pearls and colours at 40 and now feel comfortable wearing them.

This is a much delayed and incomplete update. First, I've been buying earrings from Kojima. They are fantastic. I've never worn long earrings before and I'm loving it.

Attachments

• WP_20180109_19_07_56_Rich.jpg
    WP_20180109_19_07_56_Rich.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 36
  • WP_20180109_19_08_08_Rich.jpg
    WP_20180109_19_08_08_Rich.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 48
  • WP_20180109_19_08_56_Rich.jpg
    WP_20180109_19_08_56_Rich.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 37
  • WP_20180109_19_08_20_Rich.jpg
    WP_20180109_19_08_20_Rich.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 37
  • WP_20180109_19_08_38_Rich.jpg
    WP_20180109_19_08_38_Rich.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 46
  • WP_20180202_13_08_28_Pro 1.jpg
    WP_20180202_13_08_28_Pro 1.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 37
  • WP_20180124_09_04_58_Pro (3).jpg
    WP_20180124_09_04_58_Pro (3).jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 46
  • WP_20180116_17_34_44_Pro (3).jpg
    WP_20180116_17_34_44_Pro (3).jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 36
Fiona, your collection is truly marvelous, such variety! Thanks for sharing!

OOOOO, gorgeous. I was wondering where all those went to. I had been oogling them on the Kojima site.

Gorgeous earrings! I especially love the GSSP pair and the fireball/feather? Silver white pair!

What a fun new collection of earrings! Enjoy wearing them!

Rainbows of loveliness Fiona; congratulations! I reluctantly put back at least one of those pair of earrings this summer; glad they found such a happy home :)

Fiona, amazing collection! I don't know which I like more

Fiona, thanks for sharing your awesome collection! So many wonderful pieces!

You have such a wonderful and varied and gorgeous collection, Fiona. Thank you for sharing with us!

Gorgeous! Too kill for pearls .....wear them as much as possible.....make people jealous

Rainbows of loveliness Fiona; congratulations! I reluctantly put back at least one of those pair of earrings this summer; glad they found such a happy home :)

Thank you for sending back! Was it the larger blues?

Many thanks....well thanks really to the amazing Sarah and the Kojima team. Just love these, all of them. Thank you Sarah!

:) Fiona, it was the deep blue green Tahitians with the large flat gemstone accent. I was at Sarah's workshop ... SOOOOO tempted. But, I was picking up other pieces, including a new pair of Tahitian drops with gem accents, and just couldn't justify ... so glad they found a wonderful home. Photos just don't do justice no matter how good the photos!

Back