Mastoloni 2009 Internet Marketing

jshepherd

This is an interesting announcement. I can't completely understand what it is they are doing, but I think it has to do with either selling or giving away banner-ad space on their Web site.

... Mastoloni Pearls is proud to announce its 2009 Cooperative Internet Marketing Plan. The plan is designed to connect Mastoloni Pearls directly with the consumer in a variety of ways and drive them into participating dealers? jewelry stores. This marketing plan will strengthen the Mastoloni Pearls brand with both old and new customers, as well as reinforce their existing distribution channels. Multiple campaigns and methods of delivery will be launched during the year to let consumers know that Mastoloni Pearls are truly ?the most beautiful pearls in the world.?

The most prominent spaces on the Mastoloni Pearls website will feature banner ads of their dealers only. Participating dealers will receive the maximum benefit of Mastoloni?s online promotional efforts. The availability of these ads is VERY limited. Banner ads can be delivered based on geographic region and featured in a variety of sizes suitable for Mastoloni dealers and to compliment the aesthetics of the website.

The rest of it:

http://www.mastoloni.com/newsletter/may_04/internet-promotions.html

Didn't they hire a tech guy recently? Is this what he came up with? It makes Mastoloni some kind of franchise operation?

I personally do not love the facebook ads. So many of them are scams.

Jeremy:
Thanks for sharing that and thanks for not being so arrogant that you think YOUR pearls are the only beautiful ones in the world. (Even though they are amazing). What a burden it must be to constantly be proving how great you are. Jeez. I think it's great that you shared that SSP necklace with us recently and told how Paspaley rates the WSS.
Thanks to this forum I have made friends and learned more about pearls than I ever thought possible.
Now I know enough to be dangerous.

Seriously though, that's kind of part of the market formula isn't it? Be outrageous. Be bold. Stake you claim and make sure everybody knows what it is.
I don't know if that's good or sad.

barbie

People are looking for ways to expand their sales and build customer loyalty, especially if it doesn't cost them a lot, or if they can make more money in the process. I've seen this before. It just surprises me that Mastoloni would be willing to add clutter to their site.

People are looking for ways to expand their sales and build customer loyalty, especially if it doesn't cost them a lot, or if they can make more money in the process. I've seen this before. It just surprises me that Mastoloni would be willing to add clutter to their site.

I think it would diffuse the identity of their brand... maybe something a tech guy would come up with, but not something I would think an astute marketer would do..

sounds like they are offering ad space on their site for dealers that choose to carry their pearls. Buy $10,000 of mastaloni pearls and get ad space worth $40 - awesome deal ;)

Maybe he feels left out. You guys are being awful mean. He probably doesn't have many friends. I imagine he reads about all the fun we are having and he wants to join us. Maybe we should invite him to the pearl conference. And give him a group hug.:p

Maybe he feels left out. You guys are being awful mean. He probably doesn't have many friends. I imagine he reads about all the fun we are having and he wants to join us. Maybe we should invite him to the pearl conference. And give him a group hug.:p

Isn't this the one who's preoccupied with hens? :p I shouldn't make fun, though ? keeping idioms straight is super-duper tough.

This is funny for a first-time post, but I'm a long-time lurker.

This Mastoloni press release, is it the final version? I've followed the link to the release, but have been unable to find it on the site. Further, I've not seen the release elsewhere online.

I am wondering because the release seems to be in rough-draft form. It is in sore need of a serious edit to the existing copy. Even a quick proofread would catch common errors such as compliment instead of complement.

This draft was not written by a copywriter, that is certain.

Unfortunately the writer could be professional...one of the reasons I stopped teaching a journalism degree was that only a couple of the students could write

Back