Any advice on stringing double strand of pearls?

Diamondsareforever

I’ve become familiar with stringing pearls as a single strand but I have a couple of double strands that I would like to redo. Is the concept still the same or would I need to try a new approach?

It's a bit more fiddly, but exactly the same. You just have to wait until you're done restringing both strands before doing the last few pearls to attach to the clasp.

You could also try starting in the middle and working towards the clasp from both sides, to make sure the middle pearls align.

It's a bit more fiddly, but exactly the same. You just have to wait until you're done restringing both strands before doing the last few pearls to attach to the clasp.

You could also try starting in the middle and working towards the clasp from both sides, to make sure the middle pearls align.
I only know how to start from the clasp but this does answer my question as far as waiting to string the end clasp and last pearls… this seems very difficult I do hope to succeed.. but I suppose I’ll be back at the trial and error stage of stringing 😅

For a double strand I make the longer strand about 1" longer than the shorter strand, and use a clasp made for 2 strands, but everything else is the same.
You have to know how long you want the longer strand to hang. Start with that.
Okay it is not my design I am only restringing an older strand. One of them I wanted to add length too so I found more pearls that match.

Update: only took one try but many hours!! I held my breath nearly the whole time lol

Thank you @BWeaves your advice helped me sooooo much. ❤️❤️❤️

I have been putting this off for months. Lol necklace was 14” and now it is long enough for someone to wear.

Attachments

• IMG_8551.jpeg
    IMG_8551.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_8550.jpeg
    IMG_8550.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8548.jpeg
    IMG_8548.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_8547.jpeg
    IMG_8547.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 41
I have a double strand that I am working up the courage to restring. The advice here is helpful. Fortunately, I'm not designing it, only refreshing.

Back