Pearls by the Bay 2024

I am incredibly Happy to announce that this year's Pearls by the Bay event is officially set to happen on May 18th! Save the Date!

The information right from Kojima's website:

KID00896-fotor-2024011112811_480x480.jpg

PEARLS BY THE BAY * SATURDAY MAY 18th 2024 *
TICKETS WILL GO ON SALE IN MARCH 2024!
  • Each year in May, we gather at the Casa Madrona Hotel in Sausalito, California.
  • We start at 10am with a light breakfast and coffee/ tea service prepared for the group.
  • Next we hear from a hand chosen group of pearl farmers, historians and pearl professionals from around the world. This lecture series is a fantastic way to not just learn about different varieties of pearls, but to meet the people who study and cultivate these gems. There is a heavy focus on ecology and the marine harmony which is VITAL to the health and existence of both farming and natural pearl existence.
  • We have a gorgeous buffet lunch catered by Poggio's Restaurant, and a cocktail reception at sunset.
  • Last but not least: We play PEARL BINGO for PRIZES, and trust me you will WANT TO PLAY WITH US. Every year, this is by far the funniest part of the day!
  • There is plenty of time for show and tell, and catching up with your pearl friends.
  • This is the only seminar of its kind .. dedicated solely to pearls.. and it is our honor to host this event.

Thank you! I am really looking forward to hosting this with our pearl team this year!
Hailing from the North Atlantic Sea Board : Hannah Verra of Wild Ocean Gems will be presenting about her life sustainably harvesting natural mussel/clam pearls from her ROW BOAT called "Perla"!
As well as:
The infamous genius among us.. the one the only, Douglas McLaurin himself! It doesn't matter what Douglas presents about.. it's always fantastic and FUNNY too!
Stay tuned for the rest of our honored speakers joining us for Pearls By The Bay 2024!
With warmth and luster, Sarah

Hey so, question. Is this event open to anyone?
Like, can I, an unaffiliated layperson (and newbie) attend? It looks to me like most past attendees are industry professionals and/or forum friends who have known one another for years. Just wanted to confirm, because the checkout on the event page asks you to specify your "Company" as a required field, which gave me pause. I don't work with pearls, I just think they're neat. :)
But I definitely don't want to sign up to for an event where I am not the intended audience.

Yes! You are definitely welcome and I hope you join us! In the company box I replied “NA”, There are several of us that are just pearl lovers and yes, some of us have known each other for years through pearls. We are a very friendly and welcoming group, so don’t be shy! Feel free to pm me if you have any questions about the event, etc…

Like, can I, an unaffiliated layperson (and newbie) attend? It looks to me like most past attendees are industry professionals and/or forum friends who have known one another for years. Just wanted to confirm, because the checkout on the event page asks you to specify your "Company" as a required field, which gave me pause. I don't work with pearls, I just think they're neat. :)
But I definitely don't want to sign up to for an event where I am not the intended audience.
Go to it!!!! You'll love it. And you'll meet a lot of pearl lovers who post on pearl-guide. And get a chance to buy some awesome pearls, so plan on having a pearl budget, too.

Celonmaril, many of us were new, non-industry pearl lovers, and also the "new kid" at our first event (I was shy, terrified, and hubby dragged me out of the car lol). As Jeg said, this is a wonderful community, and pearl lovers of all sorts are the intended audience! Come join us; you will be warmly welcomed and have a fabulous time ... see pearls you never dreamed existed ... and go home with new friends and a long wish list lol. Ask any questions you want, here or via message ... hope we get to meet you! P.S. I used N/A for "Company Name" too.

Count us in. My wife, beneficiary of off-the-wall pearl activity of mine over the years, also looks forward to meeting everyone! This will be my first annual attendance since the early days of ‘Pearl Ruckus’ at Pearl Paradise, fully 15 years ago or more. I recall an extraordinary sharing of enthusiasm, unlike other fields which tend to devolve into one-upmanship.

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement, @jeg, @BWeaves, and @CathyKeshi. I have bought my ticket and I'm excited to be there and meet folks. Gonna make a trip of it and take some time to see the sights in San Francisco while I'm there, since I've never been!
Great! We look forward to meeting you :) We make a vacation out of this too, as we come from the other side of the US.

Sounds like fun, smetzler!

I didn't even know that stating one's "company" was required! 🤦🏼‍♀️ Thank you so much for letting me know that, it's fixed now. One day I will not hit uncomfortable snags with Eventbrite 🤣, I swear it happens every year. New attendees are 100% welcome! It's a fantastically warm and fun group of people! Cheers, Sarah

Count us in. My wife, beneficiary of off-the-wall pearl activity of mine over the years, also looks forward to meeting everyone! This will be my first annual attendance since the early days of ‘Pearl Ruckus’ at Pearl Paradise, fully 15 years ago or more. I recall an extraordinary sharing of enthusiasm, unlike other fields which tend to devolve into one-upmanship.
OH MY!! has it been 15 years! WOW! Very much looking forward to seeing you again and meeting your ever beneficial wife as well!

Back