Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

You should play with some wire pearlgirl12! It might not be for everyone but you’ll never know until you try it. It opens up a whole different way of creating with pearls.
Are there any tutorials for it? My brain is spinning because I have some drilled Akoyas from a necklace that became a bracelet, and drilled raw ruby beads, and I'm envisioning something. Thank you jeg.

Are there any tutorials for it? My brain is spinning because I have some drilled Akoyas from a necklace that became a bracelet, and drilled raw ruby beads, and I'm envisioning something. Thank you jeg.
I don’t know of anything specific to recommend, but I’m sure there are a lot of videos on YouTube. You can try watching a few and then experiment to see what technique works for you. I‘ve never watched anyone else wire-wrap so I have no idea if what I do would be considered conventional or not. Have fun!!

I don’t know of anything specific to recommend, but I’m sure there are a lot of videos on YouTube. You can try watching a few and then experiment to see what technique works for you. I‘ve never watched anyone else wire-wrap so I have no idea if what I do would be considered conventional or not. Have fun!!
Thank you!

Today it's T shirts and jeans again. All Kojima, but a mix of pearls I haven't tried before. Feather earrings. Feather pendant. And Kasumi pendant Autumn Leaves. I was going to sell this feather pendant on Loupe Troop, but changed my mind. It has quite a different look from my other feather pendant.

View attachment 468999View attachment 468998

I received my little h emerald and seed pearl earrings just now, and I love them. I don't know why it took so long for me to finally press the Buy button. I have a really hard time during the PP Live events because I need to think about a purchase for a long time before I'm ready to buy. It's hard for me to buy that fast.

New little h earrings with my little h Finestrino enhancer on a little h tin-cup with emeralds and seed pearls. I think the earrings complement the necklace without matching exactly, which I love. I think you know what I'll be wearing tomorrow.

View attachment 468996View attachment 468997
I love them! Gorgeous. Congrats!

Thanks so much, Steve!

That pearl and setting make such a unique necklace BWeaves!

I have your number lary007! And you probably have mine, too, given the purchases.;) That Live Kasumi event was fantastic!!!

Wow, that teaser from Takahashi… so many choices! I can’t wait to see what they decide to show. So, I’m posting some Akoya from Takahashi. A rope that was made of two temp strands that are from my visit to the Takahashi office in October. Worn with turquoise and pearl earrings from Hawaii, and a turquoise station chain I put together.
View attachment 469042View attachment 469043
I have always loved those earrings!

It's been years but I think I found my wiring tutorials on Fire Mountain Gems. I tried to look but there are so many! You could try to search online for "how to make a tin cup" or "how to wirewrap".

So I had some help identifying the pearls (Akoya) and some tips on stringing, and here’s my junk store and eBay five strand vintage necklace, finally done. The strands all have a jump ring at each end and a hinged diamond circle clasp so I can wear any number of strands. I used some leftovers to put bracelets together in the same style

I’m now obsessed with pearls 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_4754.png
    IMG_4754.png
    6.8 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4672.jpeg
    IMG_4672.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
Thanks, BWeaves and Douglas!

Oooo, I didn’t know there were Kamoka shirts! And that is such a pretty piece of needle art, BWeaves! Ahhhh, a luscious sunset… and the colors on your pendant!

Japan Kasumi keshi necklace and a rare, large, purple Japan Kasumi pearl from Kojima. The net pendant is from Takahashi, and I made the chain with tiny Akoya keshi. Worn with a very early all nacre FW multi-color necklace.
View attachment 468783View attachment 468784View attachment 468785
Oh wow. So beautiful

They are very complimentary, BWeaves!

Deep lavender FW pearls from one of PP’s HK Live events. They were loose pearls in a bracelet length that I made into a tin cup. A tourmaline necklace and earrings I made. The little center tourmaline was a gift from the vendor. I haven’t decided if I’m still going to change it up a little.
View attachment 469100View attachment 469101
Love the purples jeg!

So I had some help identifying the pearls (Akoya) and some tips on stringing, and here’s my junk store and eBay five strand vintage necklace, finally done. The strands all have a jump ring at each end and a hinged diamond circle clasp so I can wear any number of strands. I used some leftovers to put bracelets together in the same style

I’m now obsessed with pearls 🤣
Yep, that can happen!

More of Mom's pearls today. Mabe's. Not my favorite type of pearl, but they are drop shaped, which is my favorite shape of pearl. Very 1990s. I know the nacre on the pendant has popped off at least once, and had to be glued back on.

Mom wore the enhancer on a 5.5 mm akoya choker. I decided to wear it on my gold knit choker for a more casual look today.

I'm not wild about the earrings. I like the idea of Omega backs, but they always pinch my earlobes. Mom had much thinner earlobes than I do, so I think they fit her much better than they fit me. At some point today these earrings are coming off and I'll put on my Hanadama studs instead.

IMG_2758.jpeg
IMG_2759.jpeg
IMG_2754.jpeg
IMG_2755.jpeg
IMG_2756.jpeg

More of Mom's pearls today. Mabe's. Not my favorite type of pearl, but they are drop shaped, which is my favorite shape of pearl. Very 1990s. I know the nacre on the pendant has popped off at least once, and had to be glued back on.

Mom wore the enhancer on a 5.5 mm akoya choker. I decided to wear it on my gold knit choker for a more casual look today.

I'm not wild about the earrings. I like the idea of Omega backs, but they always pinch my earlobes. Mom had much thinner earlobes than I do, so I think they fit her much better than they fit me. At some point today these earrings are coming off and I'll put on my Hanadama studs instead.

View attachment 469123View attachment 469122View attachment 469126View attachment 469125View attachment 469124
They are absolutely beautiful and my teenage fashionista has similar styles in her costume jewellery box, so they’re probably high fashion right now. Makes sense- she’s wearing stuff I’m sure I wore in the 90s.
They look luscious on you

View attachment 469123View attachment 469122View attachment 469126View attachment 469125View attachment 469124
I tend to favor the more colorful varieties of Mabe (Cortez & Abalone) but these are very elegant!

Ack!!! What did I just do? I can't believe nobody bought that BBA swirly pendant necklace on the 2nd Takahashi Live event. You all gave me too much time to think about it and my finger slipped. I haven't even seen Hisano's favorite Kasumi pearl yet. I was backup for that one, and now I've bought it. And Sarah just posted a boatload of new stuff on the Kojima website. I was drooling over some Tahitian and emerald earrings, but resisted. And Celeste and Josh keep posting new stuff on the Kamoka website that I'm also drooling over. Somebody strand me on Ban Island, please.

BWeaves, your mabe set is stunning; I agree I don't often like white mabes, yours are luscious. Have you had a jeweler look at the Omega findings on the earrings? There is a place on the back they can adjust with some tiny tool, to change the tension which might help; takes a minute to do.

Ack!!! What did I just do? I can't believe nobody bought that BBA swirly pendant necklace on the 2nd Takahashi Live event. You all gave me too much time to think about it and my finger slipped. I haven't even seen Hisano's favorite Kasumi pearl yet. I was backup for that one, and now I've bought it. And Sarah just posted a boatload of new stuff on the Kojima website. I was drooling over some Tahitian and emerald earrings, but resisted. And Celeste and Josh keep posting new stuff on the Kamoka website that I'm also drooling over. Somebody strand me on Ban Island, please.
We need a pearl intervention.

Gorgeous pearls, everyone! I love seeing all the amazing finds from the PP live events :giggle:

@pearlgirl12 I am slightly obsessed with wire-wrapping, and I started by looking at pics of wire-wrapped jewelry on this forum (especially some of @jeg's pieces) and the Kojima website and trying to copy what I saw. Wire-wrapping is a pretty forgiving technique which I think is why it's so fun!

SoC ring today.
20240430_190928.jpeg
20240430_191454.jpeg

Back