Pearl type

Diamondsareforever

Unknown for certain. Would like the expert opinions :) indoor and outdoor lighting

Pearl typePearl typePearl typeUnknown for certain. Would like the expert opinions :) indoor and outdoor lighting

These are akoya pearls. They appear to be semi-baroque and have good luster and color. It's a nice strand.
Thank you so much for your response. I handle a lot a lot of akoyas and the luster on these is very different than any I’ve seen, is there a reason the luster would be different, treatment perhaps?

I think I see it now, the baroqueness is maybe paired with the larger size is what is unusual too me,
Thanks again!!

With baroque pearls there is more random curvature on the surfaces so the light reflects and diffracts differently. You'll typically see more iridescence in these, especially when the nacre is nice and thick. The size is in the larger range for akoya, but not atypical for baroques. They look to be nearly 9 mm.

With baroque pearls there is more random curvature on the surfaces so the light reflects and diffracts differently. You'll typically see more iridescence in these, especially when the nacre is nice and thick. The size is in the larger range for akoya, but not atypical for baroques. They look to be nearly 9 mm.
Thank you again for your time I do appreciate you helping me on this one. They are 7.5-8mm, so not quite that big unfortunately:p I have yet to see akoyas larger than 8.7mm so far… :)

However the only baroque akoyas I’ve seen were small so I guess they had thinner nacre. They were gorgeous though.

Back