Pearl Farming Documentary

I did look around online to see if it was available to purchase, but could not find it. Perhaps later it will be available on DVD.

Earlier this year I bought a copy of The Ultimate Orient, which has gorgeous photos of the underwater world in Palawan.

A few weeks ago I recorded a good documentary on Smithsonian channel called "South Sea Pearls". It featured Paspaley Pearls, and Nicholas Paspaley. Nat Geo channel has a good feature called "The Secret Life Of Pearls" on their website also, with video shorts, and the full video might be on Netflix or On Demand. This also features Paspaley pretty in depth. Very interesting stuff for someone like me who is just learning about the industry.

Is this film going to be released as a feature film to select cinemas, or shown on TV, or...?

PD, from what I know, it will circulate the film festivals. Thus, it cannot be shown or sold anywhere until it has finished all the festivals it is entered in. As far as which festivals, I have no clue. It takes time to enter into festivals, and there's no guarantee that the festival will accept the film. Once it is done with the circuit, it might be available online to view, or maybe even purchase. Maybe Jeremy knows more. He did say that it would be shown on the cruise line that will be selling the adorable cruise line pearls.

I practically sobbed four times. A wonderful story that spanned the gamut of emotions pearl farmers and their people go through to bring us great beauty. Sigh.

Thanks for that information, amti...maybe someday the rest of us will see it. :)

Yes, it was a very emotional film for me as well and it left me feeling even more connected to the pearls, the farmers, and the workers that provide us with these beauties. I look forward to seeing it again one day. We are cheered when amti appeared in her scene!

NatGeo also did a small program on Cortez Pearls for their "Weird Farms" series. It's available for rent on several streaming channels. Out of the ordinary program...it's actually more on the funny side.
But I would love to get my hand on "The Power of Pearl"...absolutely!

The Power of Pearl movie is beautiful and powerful. Hoping it will be accepted into all the film festivals and beyond!!!

Someone needs to issue a "tissue alert" before this documentary starts. It's very emotional; one I definitely want to see again.

I wholeheartedly agree. I had to leave during the screening to find kleenex. And I really want to see it, actually study it, again.

NatGeo also did a small program on Cortez Pearls for their "Weird Farms" series. It's available for rent on several streaming channels. Out of the ordinary program...it's actually more on the funny side.
But I would love to get my hand on "The Power of Pearl"...absolutely!

Douglas, I'm going to look for your film also! Thanks for letting us know!

I'd like to see it too, Douglas!

I'm really glad POP went after the human side of pearling. Showing the struggles, the lifestyles, the hardships, and the unity was something most people don't think about. It really made me appreciate my pearls a lot more! Thank you to all who make it possible for us to enjoy these living gems!!!

A few weeks ago I recorded a good documentary on Smithsonian channel called "South Sea Pearls". It featured Paspaley Pearls, and Nicholas Paspaley. Nat Geo channel has a good feature called "The Secret Life Of Pearls" on their website also, with video shorts, and the full video might be on Netflix or On Demand. This also features Paspaley pretty in depth. Very interesting stuff for someone like me who is just learning about the industry.
And here it is for all to enjoy!

And here is Paspaley's video:

Back