New silver-blue baroque 8.5-9mm akoyas from PP

moneymeister

My birthday pearls are here. I don't get them until February, but hubby let me show and tell. This is a 20" length 8.5-9mm akoya silver-blue baroque strand. Very happy with the lustre and color. From Pearl Paradise.
Glad I upgraded from the 7mm

I will take a few more in the morning under daylight.
20161229_173658.jpg
20161229_173339.jpg
20161229_175906.jpg

Last edited:
Moneymeister, those are really beautiful pearls, and look fantastic on you ... congratulations!

I love them! I have been secretly wanting blue pearls. Congrats!!!

Thanks ladies, truth be told I absolutely love photographing pearls. I can't wait til tomorrow to add a few more pictures (for people who are researching, of course!). So excited!

These are beautiful! Sharp luster, lovely round shapes and gorgeous colour. They look perfect on you!

Very lovely!
You must be hanging out for February, meanwhile, I'm looking forward to the next batch of photos.

The morning light is so much better for photographs. I added a pair of white akoya earrings for comparison. As always, photographing pearls is a challenge.
20161230_083259.jpg
20161230_083217.jpg
20161230_083437.jpg

They are gorgeous! February will be here soon (waiting is hard right?)... sending virtual hugs your way.

I'm still in a Tahitian craze but I can definitely see myself becoming addicted to blue akoyas! Yours are just gorgeous!

I'm still in a Tahitian craze but I can definitely see myself becoming addicted to blue akoyas! Yours are just gorgeous!

This gave me a chuckle...I fear I have grown past a craze into a full blown obsession!

MM, your new blues are beautiful! I only have a pair of earrings with blue akoya...but a strand is on my list! Happy (early) Birthday!

Fabulous color, looks even greenish :) I like the bigger ones much better on you, well done on exchanging them!

CathyKeshi, thanks!
Amti, isn’t it funny how easy that “list” is to grow longer and longer? When does it end…?
Hanadama, thank you. I think they would look good on your too…maybe on your list? Imagine the light blue next to your (very coveted by me!) deep blue Tahitian.
Happy Huku, so happy to share more photos. Yes, February is going to come very slowly this year.
Lady Disdain, thank you.
Icyjade, thanks for the hugs 
Jersy Pearl, Your earrings need friends. They are happiest in groups.  Thanks!
BWeaves. I have enjoyed the photos of your muti-blue strands. Love the long strand of yours. Maybe in the future I will have a rope made. I love that look.
Pearl Dreams. Thank you.
Lugana, I am glad I bought bigger too. They are more balanced.

Hubby looked at my pictures (courtesy of Samsung Note 5) and said his Nikon would take better pictures as the camera quality is better. I encouraged him to show me how it’s done. He worked for a while and snapped some interesting pictures. While the light is a little too direct/strong, they showed many colors.

May I ask the crew who knows, what is the color that seems to wrap arpound on the bottom or sides of the pearls. You can see it best in the reflections of the table reflected in the pearl at the bottom. Some look aqua, some rose, some even sort of turquoise. Is this orient or overtone? Inquiring minds….
Steve's shot.jpg

Last edited:
May I ask the crew who knows, what is the color that seems to wrap arpound on the bottom or sides of the pearls. You can see it best in the reflections of the table reflected in the pearl at the bottom. Some look aqua, some rose, some even sort of turquoise. Is this orient or overtone? Inquiring minds….
View attachment 47247
I would say it looks like overtones + metallic luster to me. Very beautiful pearls you've got indeed :)

Back