Recent content by BWeaves

  1. BWeaves

    Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

    Visiting Dad today wearing exactly what you think I'm wearing. Kasumi pearls (earrings and ring) and Sea of Cortez pearls (necklaces and ring). Kasumi pearls from Kojima and Sea of Cortez pearls from PP and Perlas del Mar de Cortez. The colors of these pearls, and the designs, make me so...
  2. BWeaves

    Justin Hunter and the Rare Fiji Pearl

    I always wondered why she never wore them.
  3. BWeaves

    Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

    The backside of my Sea of Cortez pendant and how it attaches to the chain. There are two loops on the top corners of the pendant. The chain has a mini-carabiner on each end that hooks to each loop. Pendant from Hisano at Pearl Paradise. Chain from Karen Brown Jewelry. Lighting is terrible...
  4. BWeaves

    Incoming semi-baroque Tahitians for beading

    Gorgeous pearls. Have you considered going with colored Serafil? Hunter green or dark purple?
  5. BWeaves

    Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

    Hold onto your pearls! This is a WOWZA piece, if I may say so myself. My Sea of Cortez natural mabe pearls that I bought at the SoC PP Live event have finally arrived in their final form. I came up with a pendant design using reclaimed gemstones from earrings and rings I disassembled...
  6. BWeaves

    Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

    OOOOO, PT arrived (pearl therapy). How it started. Dyed akoya necklaces. Freshwater earrings and pendant. All from Kojima. How it's going. My new Kasumi ring from Sarah at Kojima. The redo of my long Tahitian keshi tin-cup that I keep breaking. I caught it on a doorknob. Sarah...
  7. BWeaves

    Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

    Merrily bought a pearl necklace from Kojima with the Lime knotting thread, and I was surprised at how much I liked it in real life. The color jumps out at you in the glamour photos on the Kojima website, but the color is much more subtle in real life. I really liked it. The dark blue knotting...
  8. BWeaves

    Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

    Pomelo: I agree about pearls and diamonds. What color are the knots on your necklace? I love the contrast. Freshwater pearls, jade, emeralds and sapphires. Earring pendants are on my own diamond hoop earrings. All pearls from Kojima.
  9. BWeaves

    The thrift gods smiled...

    Nice find. According a quick internet search: Tasaki Clasp Timeline & Hallmarks 1960s–1980s (Vintage): Marked with a letter "T" (for Tasaki) and an "S" or "SILVER" / "T SILVER" to denote sterling silver. The "T" is frequently placed inside a shell or clam silhouette. 1990s–2009...
  10. BWeaves

    To buy or not to buy? Fiji baroque strand

    Yeah, they looked liked Chinese freshwater pearls to me, too. They're egg shaped and purple and blue. Fiji pearls look different. They are not egg shaped. And they more browns and golds. Check out FijiPearls.com as a comparison.
  11. BWeaves

    Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

    Visiting Dad today. Teeny, tiny pearls and reclaimed blue topaz gemstones stuffed into big soufflé pearls from Hisano of little h. Natural white Hanadama, 8 mm akoya pearl rope from Pearl Paradise. Disco ball clasp is 14K white gold set with cubic zirconia. I know PP was hesitant to use...
  12. BWeaves

    Knotting an Endless Necklace

    I've NEVER been successful ending my continuous strand necklaces, so I always join to a clasp or a fake clasp (like a brooch or a disk or fancy bead). I use a hemostat to hold the end of the thread of the necklace. It's strong and it has some weight to it, so it doesn't shift around.
  13. BWeaves

    Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

    Yesterday I wore white pearls on black linen. Mikimoto Japanese akoya earrings. Freshwater pearl necklaces. Coin pearls from Karen Brown Jewelry. Betty Davis' Teeth from Kojima Pearl. Okay, I had just watched a movie with Betty Davis, where her teeth looked like the pearls and gold beads in...
  14. BWeaves

    Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

    Lovely pearls, everyone. It's been very hot and humid here. The last few days I've just wore pendants on a chain and not layered on the pearls. Since I added magnetic clasps to all my chains, it's been much easier to throw on a pendant. Many thanks to Merrily for turning me on to the...
  15. BWeaves

    Grandma's Pearls

    These look like imitation pearls to me, too. My grandmother had a double strand of imitation pearls with a sterling silver clasp, and she wore them proudly. I treasure them. Chanel, Jackie Kennedy, Barbara Bush, Queen Alexandra, all wore imitation pearls.
Back
Top