WSS Baroque bracelet?

W

WeeGem

Hello!

Does anyone know where I can get a White South Sea Baroque bracelet made? I've already contacted an online vendor whom I've bought from before, but was told I'd have to buy a full strand, then have one made from it. Problem is, I can't afford the strand I want so I was hoping a bracelet could be made from similiar pearls.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

What you need to find is someone with a broken up strand - or a profit margin larger than 100%. Baroque strands are nearly universally purchased on temporary strands, or purchased loose and matched on temp strands over seas. The only time a strand would be broken would be to make 2 bracelets (one to match a set preferably), and/or other pieces requiring just a few pearls. But if the strand is broken, and only half is sold, the remaining pearls equal a loss on the piece - or at least very hard to move inventory.

Isn't Care Ehret posting here? I see a couple of South Sea things including keshi bracelets on her list right now and there have been more recently.

IMO, until the perfect SS turns up 10x12/14mm plump FW baroques would do a brilliant job :)

Hi Valeria - I checked Care Ehret's listing earlier today too :D I do like the WSS keishi bracelet, but I'd like bigger pearls and I'm not too keen on the rondells (maybe I'll send an email). I'm going to keep a close eye on her listings though!

I agree, I'd be quite happy with FW baroques in the meantime too! Just have to find some.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Love baroque pearls

Last edited by a moderator:
Recounting a friend's shopping experience, it looks like larger ones are in serious shortage: after shifting though lots of disappointing 'baroques' (blemished, cut-off flat, stained, thin, wrinkled, you name it) acceptable ones around 13-14mm came at about $1k/strand of which... chances are one would end up with a decent bracelet once the bad boys are sorted out! :rolleyes: We gave up at that point. Frankly, we've seen some awesome orient and fantastic colors, but only very few pearls without some serious detraction on top of the merit. This probably sounds terribly picky, but we really weren't set for a strike (or a stroke - on the budget side).

Any Tucson hopes for larg-ish fwb?

Any Tucson hopes for larg-ish fwb?
I will be there looking on the first day, but i can tell you that baroques with luster at the AGTA and GLDA shows will be way pricey.

At the G&LW (Gem & Lapidary Wholesale ), the show I frequent most often, the pearls are commercial grade. I have gotten white AA+ in 5mm and in 9mm button, but mostly they are dyed circus colors.

Occasionally a vender will have some 12m and over, but they have many faults. I have scored 12mm and 12+mm once each year. They did not have much luster, though they are quite pretty in their own way. I have posted pictures of my original 12mm klonk from the show in 2005 in "Show us your pearls". Post # 13 on this page.

Last year I got some 12-14mm strands from from Tai Woo Pearls. I like them a lot, but their charms are subtle compared to the best quality pearls that get discussed over here. Here is a super sized picture of one of them:
http://www.grandmotherspearls.net/12mm black 16inch.htm
Some people are like me and really like these pearls Though i know most of you will look down your noses at them. Remember, I am just a lowly beader---

Last edited:
WeeGem said:
Hello!

Does anyone know where I can get a White South Sea Baroque bracelet made? I've already contacted an online vendor whom I've bought from before, but was told I'd have to buy a full strand, then have one made from it. Problem is, I can't afford the strand I want so I was hoping a bracelet could be made from similiar pearls.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Hello back, WeeGem! Actually, I have two strands of SSB pearls just begging to be made into bracelets. I made me a necklace and I'm looking for an excuse to break the last strand to make me a bracelet. What size pearl are you looking for and what length bracelet? If I can get my pictures to upload, I'll include the photos of the strands. If not, we can e-mail.

Back