The pearl stilletto

S

Slraep

I wanted soooo badly to keep this for my Slraep's Xmas 2008 list, but I must post this NOW.

This is actually something thought up by a well known German luxury house selling pearls--->Schoeffel. Hmmm. At the very least, these amazing shoes will elicit sheer incomprehension from onlookers and, maybe even make you a target(shudder) for fund raisers and up-tight clergy.

Just want to say to the pearl professor that this would look darn good with some of that cheap Walmart underwear he mentioned to me in his blog comments.

http://www.fibre2fashion.com/news/fashion-news/newsdetails.aspx?news_id=62315

Attachments

• Stiletto_mit_Schoeffel_6231554.jpg
    Stiletto_mit_Schoeffel_6231554.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't stand up in 'em, but sure as heck would try them on!!

Soooo good to hear from you, and with a treat for us, to boot! Or sandal. :cool:

I'd figure out an outfit to go with the shoes... ;)

Heidi said:
I'd figure out an outfit to go with the shoes... ;)

Well, I think I just found the right hat to go with the shoes! And it's not even made of real snakeskin, it's pleatha' !! Although I would feel really bad if a real snake was skinned, as in the one for the shoes, real snakeskin is at least biodegradable, but pleatha' might hang around in a landfill for eons. So it's hard to determine which is the lesser evil here, the hat or the shoes.

I know that it seems to be a guy's hat, but these things are perfectly unisex. Trust me. In fact, you will be thanking me when you stroll onto the boulevard on Sunday morning, turning everybody's head, wearing that hat and those shoes.

http://www.pimphats.com/ecatalog/pro...roducts_id/274

Slraep

Well, I think I just found the right hat to go with the shoes! And it's not even made of real snakeskin, it's pleatha' !! Although I would feel really bad if a real snake was skinned, as in the one for the shoes, real snakeskin is at least biodegradable, but pleatha' might hang around in a landfill for eons. So it's hard to determine which is the lesser evil here, the hat or the shoes.

I know that it seems to be a guy's hat, but these things are perfectly unisex. Trust me. In fact, you will be thanking me when you stroll onto the boulevard on Sunday morning, turning everybody's head, wearing that hat and those shoes.

http://www.pimphats.com/ecatalog/pro...roducts_id/274

Slraep

OK, I am LOVING that site!! (My husband is getting rather suspicious of the things I pick up via the forum, however) The link you posted doesn't take me to a product, though. Which hat shall I don?

Attachments

• pimphats_2btnelopythsnake.jpg
    pimphats_2btnelopythsnake.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited by a moderator:
! Better go pumice my heels !

CarolK

I love those shoes! Not allowed to wear heals anymore though. Ruptured disc wouldn't ya know. They'd look great on Vida Boehme or Darcelle XV though.

Why can't anybody make really great looking shoes that have wearable heels? (Pout, pout.)

barbie

Probably not over difficult to stitch pearls to simple satin shoes......

My thoughts exactly! And, while you're at it, why not sew a pearl spaghetti-strap, or laced-back dress?

Seriously! Life is too short not to dress with flair!!!
CarolK
(she said, while wearing a big T-shirt and sweatpants)

Why can't anybody make really great looking shoes that have wearable heels? (Pout, pout.)

barbie

Amen! With EE-wide feet, it's hiking boots or sneakers (unless I'm at an interview, wedding, or funeral!). :(

nice - how are they both fixed to the sole and strung for walking strength - are the two different?

Apparently... 'looks as if the author took a couple of very, very nice strands of color-graduated black pearls, a pair of orthopedic soles from the sidewalk market and put the two together in the hope (Correct!) that an international jewelry design jury will fall for it :p

Now, imagine that Mr. Josh here would upside-down that bucket of pearls to put together a blue gradient like that ... I'd even go so far as to dig up a glamorous pair of traditional opinci to go with those :cool: Sorry, none available in transparent vinyl yet... maybe the next generation. :rolleyes:..

Well, there is something to do with the less than perfect pearl--glue it on our shoes! Thanks much, Knotty!

That's some nice shoe stuff, Knotty. It's killing me. So many nice ones yet just as many I that can make fun of too. Arrgghhhhh.

Slraep

Back