Tahitian Peacock Pears

Alex

This is really Chapter 2 of the earlier Sea of Cortez Earrings thread

There were a few problems along the way with the SoC, and I wanted a 'Plan B' in case they didn't come off, so I thought of asking Jeremy and Mia to put together a Tahitian pair - that looked like 'Pears'

By the way, does anyone know if there is a connection between the word 'Pearl' and the word 'Pear' - can't find anything on it.....

Anyway, then there were some problems with the Tahitian pair also, so I thought, Oh well, if I go for both, maybe one of them will come off..... In the end, they both came off !!

Here are some pics of the 'Pears'. Again, I found them quite difficult to photograph, but I think either my camera isn't up to it, or I have a lot to learn about photographing pearls (probably the latter !)

Attachments

• Pears 082.jpg
    Pears 082.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 29
  • rose garden, thailand
    rose garden, thailand
    75.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Well Alex!
That is a stunning pair of Tahitian pear pearls. About as perfect as match as you can find. I love the warm tones.

Thanks - here is another pici !! :)

Caitlin - the settings are Rose-gold, so they do have a lovely autumnal feel.....

Attachments

• manolo fortich, bukidnon, mindanao
    manolo fortich, bukidnon, mindanao
    44.7 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Oh - and here is another photo of the pearls before they were drilled and set (this is a proper PP photo ! )

you can see the rainbow (Peacock) spectrum of colours - slightly different in each pearl

Attachments

• pearl guide fossil1
    pearl guide fossil1
    18.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I am very lucky to have some colorshifting freshwater pearls set in 14k rose gold, from Jeremy, designed by Hisano. I am convinced rose gold is the best color for many pearls! I am waiting for it to come back!

I just love the 3/4th copper 1/4 gold and wish they would bring it back. It's just enough gold to keep the copper from tarnishing.

Hi Caitlin - yes indeed - that Trifecta is stunning !!

in fact it was the inspiration for the setting of the 'Pears'

here it is :)

Attachments

• Caitlin's RG.jpg
    Caitlin's RG.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Caitlin's RG 2.jpg
    Caitlin's RG 2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Oh Thank you!!! I forgot they were up here. I'll have to put them in my album, too! I am wearing the earrings even as we speak! er, write. I really really Love these earrings!

BTW I was not surprised to see Sears featuring a great number of items in rose gold this season. Sears. It has been neglected for too long. but when SEARScarries it, it is back, full force!

borrowed a better camera and had another go

these are a bit better I think (more like the real thing)

but still a bit dark as the light was going....

Attachments

• Victorian Jet & Seedpearl Locket
    Victorian Jet & Seedpearl Locket
    23.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Victorian Enamel & Pearl Heart Pendant
    Victorian Enamel & Pearl Heart Pendant
    39.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Victorian Enamel & Pearl Brooch & Pendant
    Victorian Enamel & Pearl Brooch & Pendant
    65.2 KB · Views: 45
alex those are just beautiful! (and i am a rose gold lover myself as well! just bought an antique rose gold chain - it doesn't even have pearls on it! lol)

not often you see pear shape that really ARE pear shape! lol

- jodie -

and finally - this one actually captures them......

Attachments

• huitre5perles1
    huitre5perles1
    54.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
They are here! My very first tahitian drops in 14k gold. Against most PGers' advice I bought them from a HK/ Chinese outfit off Ebay - couldn't resist the double digit price they were asking for these 12mm green-grey drops. The loose drop is from Care Ehret, more of hers coming soon.

Alex: I have peered hard at your pictures and have realised mine just shows the very teeniest (must scrutinise them really, really hard) mauve hue; so unlike the glorious peacock spectrum of yours from PP and beyond. And the voluptousness of your pears...Sigh!

Caitlin: I adore rose gold, very flattering to the complexion. Unfortunately not many people do findings of that colour in vermeil or gold-fill.

Nevertheless, here's to more tahitians in the future!

Attachments

• Blaire on the Paspaley III pearling vessel...
Taken by Akira Hyatt, GIA
    Blaire on the Paspaley III pearling vessel... Taken by Akira Hyatt, GIA
    20.3 KB · Views: 46
Back