Tahitian Light Peacock and Diamonds

Alex

This is actually Chapter 3 (final chapter !) of the earlier Sea of Cortez and Tahitian Peacock Pears threads......

my wife had a pair of her Grandmother's antique white-gold and diamond earrings that were set with Akoyas that had not fared very well over time, and we thought we would try to re-set them with something a bit different

so during the creation of the Sea of Cortez and Tahitian Peacock Pears earrings, Jeremy and Mia also selected a pair of Light Peacock AAA rounds for the antique settings

in the end we bought them loose and half-drilled, and had them re-set in the UK, with the Rhodium plating renewed (doesn't stick to diamonds !)

here are some picis of the result, which are now a new (old) treasure :)

Attachments

• Light 126.jpg
    Light 126.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Light 126 2.jpg
    Light 126 2.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 20
and again in different light

Attachments

• Light 072.jpg
    Light 072.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 30
  • exotics1
    exotics1
    26.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Thanks Pattye, these ones look a bit like little pearly people !

Attachments

• Large Peach Baroque Freswater Pearls With 14 Carat Gold Accent Beads
    Large Peach Baroque Freswater Pearls With 14 Carat Gold Accent Beads
    44 KB · Views: 38
  • Close Up Of Large Peach Baroque Freswater Pearls With 14 Carat Gold Accent Beads
    Close Up Of Large Peach Baroque Freswater Pearls With 14 Carat Gold Accent Beads
    20.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Thanks - here is a PP photo of the pearls before they were drilled

Attachments

• Light Undrilled.jpg
    Light Undrilled.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 33
Alex,

Thank you for sharing another Fabulous story! The earrings look amazing!

Cheers
Ash

and here they are in action.....

Attachments

• 3.  This female Southern Right whale and her calf seemed to be following us - for about 5 km or so -
    3. This female Southern Right whale and her calf seemed to be following us - for about 5 km or so -
    63.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Alex - I love how you share so many photos! Those are just lovely! (and yes, the pearl person looks very, VERY happy! She's singing! lol)

- Jodie -

Have just noticed that a lot of other folks Avatars have dissappeared from my P-G threads/posts - so am guessing the 'photo-thing' is P-G wide - e.g photo capacity being greatly reduced......

I am guessing this is a glitch ??

Last edited:
Those are amazing! The pearls are so beautiful, the design is perfect! I was looking through my grandma's jewelry box a few days ago, and she had something similar, but not with the diamonds, just some cute crystals.

Thanks Alexa and Isabelle

it was fun to bring them back to life (and keep them in the family)

BV wears them a lot now :rolleyes:

Very, very nice Alex.

Back