Tahitian Dark Peacock (Gem) Set from Pearl Paradise

Alex

this is kind of an ‘anniversary’ thread, as these pearls were a Christmas present for my wife back in 2009, and just made it via FedEx – there was lots of snow that year…..

there is a very long story to these pearls – a bit too long for P-G, but they were put together personally by Jeremy over a period

Attachments

• Darling Harbour
    Darling Harbour
    34.4 KB · Views: 39
  • SOH again.
    SOH again.
    18.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
here is a PP photo of the set

Attachments

• Footbridge from Darling Harbour to CBD
    Footbridge from Darling Harbour to CBD
    31.5 KB · Views: 48
Alex, those pearls are gorgeous. Two years for the making of this set. Patience pays off doesn't it? Do tell us the story.

WOW! Alex. What a gret way to start the New Year.

Hi Cathy - thanks, the pearls have actually been with us a couple of years (although it did take awhile to put them together, and I think I probably drove Jeremy mad at the time, with about 4 million emails....... :)

was not a member of P-G at the time, so this is the first time I've posted them

here are some more picis of the pearls ?out of the box?

there are 63 pearls in the set

the 3 individual pieces in the set are not graduated (except by the 0.1 ? 0.9 mm size range of the pearls, per piece), but there is a 1.0 mm difference between the earrings and the necklace, and a 1.0 mm difference between the necklace and the bracelet ? so there is graduation within the set itself, but only a very slight graduation within the 3 separate pieces themselves

I will see if I can think of a short version of the story......... :)

Attachments

• Flags on the other side of the footbridge. Monorail tracks are you can see.
    Flags on the other side of the footbridge. Monorail tracks are you can see.
    31.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Funky shot of Centrepoint Tower - trying to be clever here.
    Funky shot of Centrepoint Tower - trying to be clever here.
    23.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Random building on Clarence Street, Sydney CBD.
    Random building on Clarence Street, Sydney CBD.
    33 KB · Views: 47
  • Front of random building Clarence St.
    Front of random building Clarence St.
    33.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Some statue in the Botanical Gardens.
    Some statue in the Botanical Gardens.
    92 KB · Views: 48
  • Composite statue. No, don't ask me the name. I just compulsively shoot statues.
    Composite statue. No, don't ask me the name. I just compulsively shoot statues.
    71.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Thanks Nora and Pattye

will see what I can do......... :)

Alex, Thank you for posting these beautiful pearls. Your wife is very lucky to own such a spectacular set of Tahitians. I agree, can we please see them on?

thanks Caitlin and Lillie

here are a few more picis of the pearls ‘clustered’, which shows them in a slightly different light

will see if I can get a picture of them 'on'......... :)

Attachments

• Some kind of rose. OK, I only like flowers when they grow on trees. The last time I received flowers
    Some kind of rose. OK, I only like flowers when they grow on trees. The last time I received flowers
    70.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Statue
    Statue
    78.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Statue
    Statue
    73.8 KB · Views: 46
  • Statue
    Statue
    73.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Statue
    Statue
    58.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Statue
    Statue
    58 KB · Views: 51
Now these are really something!

Alex, I think it's wonderful to have one so single-minded and dedicated in the pursuit of such objets d′art for the other spouse's wearing pleasure. I really have to give it to you!

I for one have to contend with a husband, who from a distance, 'supports' my hobby emotionally and financially (though I hasten to add I do earn my own keep!) And if ever the opportunity presents itself, I would love to her your wife's 'voice', even if it is vicariously, through your posts.

Here's to a good start to you and your family to 2012!

Very, very nice Alex. All the best for 2012.

thanks everyone - here is a bit of the ‘story’

(but first, wanted to find something other than ‘wife’ for posts, so looked up some acronyms, but couldn’t find anything for

dear heart - DH taken by dear husband
or sweet one - SO taken by significant other

so have invented BV (which is not taken) for beloved

it started in the summer of 2009 when I bought BV a pair of Josh’s Kamoka Dark Peacock studs from Jeremy, as a wedding anniversary present

wasn’t sure how they would go down…. but she absolutely loved them, and they became the ‘top-pearls’ in the pearl drawer (bossing all the other pearls about) and I noticed she was wearing them a lot….. so, the set became a bit of a project (I should say the set are not Kamokas…..)

There were about a 100 emails back and forth from myself and Jeremy in all, so I printed them off, and put them together in a folder as the ‘pearl story’, and gave her this also with the pearls, as a kind of provenance

BV really adores them, which is the most important part of the story

Since then, I’ll embark on a ‘pearly project’ now and again, (like an on-and-off hobby really) and have just recently joined P-G

Oh, and a funny part of the story….. towards the end it was all coming on-top to pull it off for Christmas of that year, and I had to get back to Jeremy within an eight hour time difference with a photo and a detail, but the PC was in the kitchen/dining room and BV was going back and forth behind me – toooo risky…..so I got a throw from the sofa and put it over my head and the monitor, to make like a tent (I can tell you it got really hot in there) – needless to say she said “what are you doing?”, I said “ it’s a private Christmas thing”, she said “OK”. Anyway, they made it under the tree…… :)

and here they are as a 'rondelle'

Attachments

• Just thought a path might look nice.
    Just thought a path might look nice.
    79 KB · Views: 47
  • Bats ...
    Bats ...
    51.8 KB · Views: 46
  • OK, I'm obsessed. I tried to stand there and catch one flying!
    OK, I'm obsessed. I tried to stand there and catch one flying!
    62 KB · Views: 52
  • More bats.
    More bats.
    83.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Message to BV:

Can I borrow your DH to put together a pearly project for me?

Simply WOW!

Love the blanket story! Wowee, those pearls are so perfect and the color is dreamy. Good for you and your beloved!

Thanks Kauai Anne and Blaire

here is a PP photo of the pearls before they were drilled

still working on the 'on' photos - maybe in a day or two...... :)

Attachments

• Random flower. No, don't know the name!
    Random flower. No, don't know the name!
    69.8 KB · Views: 44
Wow indeed... these pearls are spectacular!
Thank you for posting, it is lovely to hear the stories behind the pearls - almost as beautiful as the pearls themselves. Wishing you and BV a wonderful 2012!

thanks Nerida and David - here as promised, are some picis of BV wearing the pearls (but the light was not very good) - I have a couple more, will see if I can improve them......

Attachments

• Random white trumpet like flowers.
    Random white trumpet like flowers.
    44.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Random tree.
    Random tree.
    83.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Darling Harbour again. Just outside the Opera House.
    Darling Harbour again. Just outside the Opera House.
    43.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Random sky shot from my apartment.
    Random sky shot from my apartment.
    27.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Back