Rainbow loom

KarinK

Has anyone not yet seen the colourful bracelets made from small elastic bands by children all over?

Anyway, my 10 year old daughter just got a loom and today she made me a necklace from elastic bands I'll actually be excited to use (granted, it was made to order). It's all in black. I've attached my 16 mm SSP enhancer in front and closed it with a vermeil jump ring in the back (rather than the standard plastic hook) and added a small vermeil charm.

I haven't worn the enhancer since I lost my akoyas but this looks very cool indeed - perfect with my black clothes/red lipstick wardrobe. I'm going to ask Ida to make a couple of bracelets too. It's really easy to attach wired beads and pearls with a jumpring.

I know there are going to be requests for photos and I'll get there eventually. But Ida got the loom because she's on week three of not being able to use her foot and I'm stuck being permanent waiter and company (looks like a bone bruise, nothing serious - just painful and inconvinient) plus I'm having a tooth pulled out tomorrow. I was just so excited about the new possibilities I wanted to share with you all right away.

- Karin

Let's hope the constant droning of Disney Channel only temporarily hampers my concentration and doesn't have any permanent effect on the amount of functioning brain cells!

- Karin

Sounds cool -- except for the tooth. Maybe you could attach that too? ;)

Good luck with the tooth, the waitressing/doctoring... and looking forward to pictures when you get to them. Enjoy her now -- she'll be leaving home in the blink of an eye. Really.

Oh, regarding Disney Channel -- been there, done that. You may lose a few brain cells (how can they stand that drivel) but this too will end. And be replaced by another irritating channel...

LOL Karin.....you turned down the tooth !!!!! I'm disappointed ... where is your adventurous creativity..you could have produced some fabulous tribal tiara piece !!! ;D

I just looked up that Rainbow Loom on the internet .. I'm impressed at all the patterns that can be made! Can you only make things with little rubber bands or can a long string be used? lol I might have to get one!

Last edited:
Katbran, the tooth was in five bloody pieces by the time it was all out :( The result of a root canal is the tooth gets brittle and much harder to pull out if you ever realize, like me, that it might not be such a good idea to leave it in. I'm having a second and last tooth removed in a week. At least that one only has two roots and not three. I'm doing much better in terms of pain than I had feared and while I should lay off my hot caf? latte for a couple of days, mocha frappochinos are great!

As for the loom, I've only seen it used with the small elastic bands. There are a ton of YouTube videos available but so far I haven't seen any with gems attached as charms. I'm sure the idea must be out there, though.

Pictures coming up shorly...

- Karin

Here you are - the possibilities of mixing materials are endless...

attachment.php

attachment.php

- Karin

I drank quarts of egg drop soup with a packet of soy sauce per quart after extractions. Warm, soothing, flavorful protein.
(it was my saltwater gargle substitute. a girl needs to eat. Keep your strength up, and take a nap. That's my recommendation)
I'm glad you did ok!

Last edited:
That looks quite stunning on you. No wonder you wear a lot of black!

Oh dear you poor thing ! Bit's of broken bloody tooth only works on a tiara for Tim Burton I think .. and one more to go....ugh! They would probably have to hunt me down with a tranq gun to get me back to the dentist after the first one... best of luck !

The necklace is great ! That really turned out well... I might just get one of those little thingys :)

Loom and pearls ... That's hilariously brilliant ! My little pirate pearl grandson has one of those looms .... hmmm ...

Back