Queen of Thailand & her pearls

Tanakarn! So nice to see you again! Mighty big pearls, there.

a triple strands when she visited Russia two years ago:

Here is a better one:

Queen Sirikit in Russia.jpg

and I love the hat too.

Hi Tanakarn!
Those pearls are better shaped and about as large as Wallis' pearls from QMaryII. They look like more perfect pearls that the Baroda strand. She wouldn't wear cultured pearls, would she? Nah..... so these are truly fit for a queen.

And the triple strander, ---maybe she does wear cultured pearls, that one is so magnificent, even for cultured! If they are natural they are one of the dozen greatest pearl necklaces, ever.

We share a birthday. That's fun to know. She is so beloved in Thailand, they celebrate Mother's Day on her birthday!

Hi Tanakarn - thanks for the photos.... those pearls are amazing - especially the ones in the youtube clip.

Hi Tanakarn!
Those pearls are better shaped and about as large as Wallis' pearls from QMaryII. They look like more perfect pearls that the Baroda strand. She wouldn't wear cultured pearls, would she? Nah..... so these are truly fit for a queen.

I doubt those pearls are cultured. King Bhumibol Aduljadej was listed as the wealthiest royal in 2008 with estimated net worth of $36 billion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_wealthiest_royals).

Caitlin, I don’t know if her pearls (both the single strand in the youtube & the triple strand in the photo) are natural or cultured. The single strand may be natural though, as there is a record that the queen‘s grandmother (Queen Saovabha) has a big strand of pearls bought from India.

Knotty Panda, I come here often, but haven’t posted anything for a while. I bought more pearls for my mom and will post photos of them later sometime.

All the best,
Tanakarn

I never thought any royal would wear cultured, but those are the best naturals I have ever seen for size and perfect roundness-better than anything that has been seen in public or made it to auction over here.......The Youtube strand is more perfect than Wallis' strand or the Baroda! The Western royals obviously get second pick--and always have.;)

I would add that her husband, King Bhumibol of Thailand, is the wealthiest royal. So, it is possible that those are natural pearls.

And here is another photo of the triple strand:

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Does anyone else think they are SS naturals? Please post pics of your mom! Glad you mentioned her. I wanted to ask after her.

Absolutely. They are SS pearls, 99% likely they are naturals. Nothing else is that big and has that kind of luster.

'Guess it is up to the pearl-maker to decide how big and round they can go, not to the wearer, regardless of who they are. One bet on cultured here...

That hat reminds me of another (too well for confort!)

Back