Possibly, maybe Mississippi Pearl? But please correct.

Bodecia

Pearl Designer & Collector
I believe this may be a so called Mississippi Pearl, not sure but it seems to have the right lustre. Once again I do intend to have it certified and won't list it in my site until I do. I am not sure what kind of pearl it might be really. These photos are not good. Did take better ones but can't find them at the moment. The back is covered in so can't get a look at that.

The measures 8.96 x 8.80mm x 8 deep. The 8.96mm is accurate the other measures very close but are hard to get.

It has a slight blueish look deep inside. Hard one to describe.

Dawn - Bodecia
http://www.ebay.com/sch/dawncee333/m.html
eBay Seller ID dawncee333 Natural pearl collector & seller. And all round pearl lover.

Attachments

• 2JPG.jpg
    2JPG.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 60_12.jpg
    60_12.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 33
On first impression, it looks like a river pearl. The color and visible ridges suggest mussel (Unionidae) origin.

Another piece that merits a trip to the lab.

If possible, I'd like to see images in outdoor light.

Last edited:
Okay will take better photographs outside. I didn't realise it was so filthy. A little scrub in salt sludge should do wonders. It truly doesn't hurt them,
Thanks for you opinion Dave.. So I guess I was not too far out. Just does not have a saltwater look to it but does have a the natural look.

I have a pink pearl about the same size but unfortunately it must have been used in a pendant first as it has a drill hole and also has a strange blemish on the side but I still think it is beautiful. Have some others too and will try to take better photos of them and in day light. That won't be for a couple of days though as it is appointments and shopping later today. I should be in bed but don't feel ready :( Might post another natural.

Dawn - Bodecia
eBay Seller ID dawncee333 Natural pearl collector & seller. And all round pearl lover.

Honestly, River pearls come in all shapes, sizes, colors and luster. There isn't any one identifiable factor. Your pearl could easily be a river pearl.

I'm with Pattye - your ring is gorgeous on every level. It certainly looks like an antique ring with the original natural pearl. Congratulations. I would have it sized up and keep it. Seriously. :)

MORE PHOTOS of RIVER PEARL

MORE PHOTOS of RIVER PEARL

Okay, these taken in daylight too. Sun was out now and again. Please let me know what you all think of my pearls. Going to start a thread of my pearls in "Show us your pearls" too. Most are naturals I believe but some not.

Dawn - Bodecia

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg