• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Please help identify makers mark on gorgeous pearl strand🙏

Smileys

I recently purchased these pearls and I’ve never seen any this beautiful before. Does anyone happen to know who’s makers mark this is?

Attachments

• 19E13658-C6F5-4EBF-9A50-2E475044CDC7.jpeg
    19E13658-C6F5-4EBF-9A50-2E475044CDC7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • A99DDD03-3261-4FD7-A345-216E8D9BEE56.jpeg
    A99DDD03-3261-4FD7-A345-216E8D9BEE56.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
  • C5D1965D-3EAA-4F95-9C4F-F4FC284188FE.jpeg
    C5D1965D-3EAA-4F95-9C4F-F4FC284188FE.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22

Pearl Dreams

Pearl Enthusiast
Very pretty, congratulations!

Ball clasps are common, so I think the mark is that of the maker of the clasp, not of the necklace.

Smileys

Very pretty, congratulations!

Ball clasps are common, so I think the mark is that of the maker of the clasp, not of the necklace.
Oh wow I didn’t know that the clasp was made by someone other than the pearl stringer?
Interesting…. Thought my gemologist teacher would have told me that.

Smileys

&& thank you!! I have a pearl store on eBay, well a store that I sell jewelry on but always LOTS of pearls.:)

I want to sell these I just want to know if who’s work it is. Thanks again

Pearl Dreams

Pearl Enthusiast
Since you are going to be selling them, may I just point out that they appear to be freshwater pearls, given their somewhat eggy shape (unless the appearance of off-roundness is distortion from the camera, and the pearls are actually fully round.)

CortezPearls

PG Forum Admin
I agree with Pearl Dreams. Those are small freshwater pearls and the clasp just seems like a very common ball clasp that you can buy from many different sources.

KarinK

Unless it's a special piece like what Kojima creates or you have full documentation for a necklace being Mikomoto, you don't talk about a maker when it comes to pearls. You may talk about where the pearls are from if there is a documented, specific origin such as Kamoka Pearls or Fiji Pearls. Documentation may show who put the pearls together but it's usually a lot less important than what type of pearls they are and of what quality.

JerseyPearl

Since you've identified yourself as someone who sells pearl jewelry, may I suggest you take the Pearls As One course offered by the CPAA? I believe the course is offered free to members of the forum (maybe our moderator knows). The course is super fun, interesting and not a heavy lift for the amount of information gained.

CortezPearls

PG Forum Admin
Since you've identified yourself as someone who sells pearl jewelry, may I suggest you take the Pearls As One course offered by the CPAA? I believe the course is offered free to members of the forum (maybe our moderator knows). The course is super fun, interesting and not a heavy lift for the amount of information gained.
Yup! We can offer a full scholarship here (savings of $599 dollars!) @Smileys
This is the link to the site:
https://www.pearlsasone.org

And you can ask me for a the CPAA coupon code. Would love to have you take our course :love:

Smileys

Yup! We can offer a full scholarship here (savings of $599 dollars!) @Smileys
This is the link to the site:
https://www.pearlsasone.org

And you can ask me for a the CPAA coupon code. Would love to have you take our course :love:

I had that course offered to me in school. Trying to finish first and I’ll maybe go back & do it. although, I plan on pursuing diamonds once I graduate. Pearls were a must to get Gemology license, thank you