Platinum Mabe Pearl ring

lmgarden

My mother recently gave me this ring. My dad gave it to her years ago, but she thought it was too big and rarely wore it. I'm not sure how often I'll wear it - it's a little 'granny' style, and is a bit large for me, as well.

Comparatively, I don't think mobe pearls are very sought after, but it's a nice silver/ white color, with faint blues and pinks, and set in platinum with diamonds. She can't remember where my dad bought it - I think it might be from the 1930's.

Any thoughts on its age and origin??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 29
Hand shots, please!!! Mabe, platinum and diamonds. How can you go wrong?!

I really love this ring, I don't think it's granny looking at all!

Lovely ring! It doesn't look granny and it doesn't look too big at all. You are so lucky!

I think it will make a nice cocktail ring!

Thank you all for me encouraging me to wear this ring!! I suppose it's not too granny - I'm just not used to wearing large rings, but I think I can get real used to it!

Here are some hand shots...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 27
I love the ring on you, and those baguette diamonds are fabulous! IF you somehow find you still can't get used to such a large ring (hang out here with us for a while and you'll get used to wearing anything LOL), any good bench jeweler could probably convert that ring into a lovely pendant for you. Wear it as a ring for a while and see how you feel :)

CathyKeshi, that is so funny and you are so right - it surely hasn't taken very long to change my perception of this ring - thanks to my fellow P-G'rs!

MSC, I think I'll be rocking it more than would have ever thought!

Thanks all for helping me see the light on this ring!!

If that is a granny ring I want to be a granny!

- Karin

Very nice ring, thanks for sharing!

DK :)

Back